What's new

Speed Issues

nala310

I got PJ64 working with evoodoo no problem, expect in the speed department. Certain games go no problem (40+ fps) but other games crawl (25 or less fps). I got Rush II flying at over 50fps, but how can I speed up the other games. 1080 Snowboarding goes about 25-30 but the one I want to get working most, No Mercy, only goes about 16-20 fps. Help please.
I have a P3 866Mhz with 256 Mb of memory.

bodie

well you're on the minimum requirement borderline, that coupled with the fact you're using a wrapper will slow you down some more .. and some higher profile games do have bigger system requirements .. It's a pity you can't use jabos and i would be interested to know what card you're using because your problem definately lies with using evoodoo .. pj64 for optimal performance is best used 'as is' but you need a decent graphics card and 1 gig + processor to see it at it's best ..
regards bodie

OP
N

nala310

I got an ATI Rage 128 Pro card. A lot of the games work with Jabo, just not perfect. The WWF ones don't seem to work well with Jabo though (No Mercy and WM2000). Is there anything I can do with the Jabo plug in to get those few games working?? Just wondering.

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
PJ64 was not designed for evoodoo or anything like it...it was written for DX, if you don't use it as such, you're bound to have problems. i am not familiar with Rage's, but if you can use it with DirectX, you should.

zorbid

For performance increase, you cantry this:
- When you use glide64, cfr this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10887
- You should try to use another sound plugin. Azimer 0.3 Old is very fast. Be sure to enable "send audio list to audio plugin" in the RSP config menu.
- I know it's against the rules (please don't slap me), but in this case I think it's relevant, since the guy is looking for speed on a borderline specs PC: the 1964 core is often faster than the PJ64 core. And you can use all the pj64 plugins in 1964, they use the same specification (aka the Zilmar specs). About 1964, check this thread too: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9901

Last edited:

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
whatboy said:
I think this is the problem...

I would say it's the gfx card or it's drivers, I run stuff like zelda 2 at 60-75 frames and I only have a crappy duron 800