What's new

I know that Yoshi is supposed to be incompatible, but...

SquareSoft0

Moogle
I got it working perfectly, but when at the cloud level #1 PJ64 just automatically closes when I go through the first teleport pot! Everything else works fine on every other level! A very strange glitch... Help me please! Kupo!

returno

not incompatible

Yoshi's Story is not incompatible, it has "issues". If this game crashed for everyone, it would indeed be "incompatible." It doesn't and so isn't.

Obvious, boring question: did you check to see if the ROM is corrupted?

http://www.smiff.clara.net/articles/managing_roms.htm

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
It is not corrupted, I always check my roms with GoodN64, I was wondering if anyone else has successfully beaten cloud level #1 without that crash. This may be an unsolvable issue if so.

whatboy

I was wondering if anyone else has successfully beaten cloud level #1 without that crash

Without having nightmares of that song... you know... daaah dah dah dah daah, daaah dah dah daah... oh no... now I won't sleep tonight...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Umm, there's many stage selections for each "chapter". Choose another stage. I've beaten this game without problems.

Idonex

I have almost completed Yoshi's Story in PJ64 and here are my observations from running it on my system:

1) It has the same sort of 'sprite' issues as Kirby, namely 3D objects go flat when they move.

2) The game often locks up PJ64. It feels like a memory leak or
something. For example i'll play for 30 minutes then the screen slows down, eventually goes white and the emu locks up. If i restart PJ64 and reload my savegame it runs fine again. The worst offenders were the cloud level and the jungle level.

3) Certain levels are unplayable. Noteably 2 of the levels on the 2nd page, the one with Blargo's Boiler room and the skeleton snake thing. I cant remember which. On one the platforms are semi-invisible/corrupt and on the other one they dont appear at all.

My spec: PIII933, 768Mb, Radeon 8500 (Cat2.1s), DX8.1, XP Pro, using D3D6 1.5 and all my roms are clean.

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
Sorry I didn't say this before, but I've beaten every other level with no problems whatsoever except for that one level. I've found 2 errors in the emulation only: 1) Some 3D backround objects have black centers and 2) The green backround for menus doesn't show up, it is clear for some reason.

Geoz

De Master
did u change any of the setting for this game (i always keep mine in default;) but maybe thats making it crash cos i beat the game beautifully!:)
(not one error)