What's new

Suggestion!! "Record to avi"

-BMW-

Is there a possibility to make this options, i`ve tried it out in VisualBoy Advance(GBA, Emu) working on a Zelda Link to Past movie :), my main interest would be to make a Zelda OOT movie, think that would be cool...
Is there hard work, to get this function??, Problabely a lot easier in "GBA" than "N64", but it`s just a suggestion...

Thx, For a Great Emulator, and all the hard work the "Crew" has and will put into it...

2fast4u

so far u could use an external prog like hypercam (shareware :|) even tho that will eat up lots of ressources ..

Cyberman

This is something best done in a video plugin, but it's also going to be very slow. Video encoding is very processor and disk intensive. For the N64 a frame rate of 15fps is likely more than adequate since most games actually update there data at that rate (heh) or with PAL it's 12.5fps ;)

Cyb

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Solution:
Get a tv-out card (if you don't have one, most gf's have this.)
Connect a cable from the card to your video.
Get a tape.
Play what you wish to record.
Hit record on the video.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention to enable tv-out and put the tape in.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
If you use DirectX or OpenGL (no Glide, sry) plugins, you can use Fraps to do video capture. No sound, only video, but it works quite well. I get some slowdowns on a P4-1.6 w/ GF2MX200 capturing at 15 FPS, but that's just my GF2MX. I hear capturing at 25FPS works perfect on a GF4 Ti.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Fraps does an awesome job. Just recorded a video of FF7 pc and it looks great. Only problem is it's 88mb and only about 5 seconds long. :(

OP
B

-BMW-

cooliscool said:
Fraps does an awesome job. Just recorded a video of FF7 pc and it looks great. Only problem is it's 88mb and only about 5 seconds long. :(

It`s uncompressed, the program does not encode, its just capture at full bits.. Use Virtual Dub to encode to divx, works fine..

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
just use azi plugin to dump the sound and use fraps 2 record.
(you might download the DivX lib)

then get Virtuadub and put them together.

:)

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
cooliscool said:

er... why would you do that? the ff7 pc movies are on the CD as .avi files. unless of course you wanted to capture the blocky sprites as well (but they're pretty ugly :D )

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
[offtopic]
Hi zAlbee,

You got a nice help site, I'm just a lucky Geforce user but it's nice to see that people create this kind of sites.

btw a few things
Glide 0.3 is already out (evoodoo doesn't support it fully yet)
You should try Uhle 2064
add you driver version
[/offtopic]
:happy:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
zAlbee said:
er... why would you do that? the ff7 pc movies are on the CD as .avi files. unless of course you wanted to capture the blocky sprites as well (but they're pretty ugly :D )

No, i captured a video of in game play.. :baaa:

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
cooliscool: ok thats cool too. great game by the way. :)

(NL)Falcon4ever: thanks dude! i appreciate the support. i'm at university right now though, and the old Rage is at home. can't do any testing... we'll see if i can get off my lazy ass and update the site next time i'm back :happy:

hmm driver version... good idea. shoulda thought of that! >_< ^_^