What's new

the legend of zelda OoT MI FAIRY IS A SQUARE !

SpritLink

yea in OoT my fairy and sun are a white square also zeldas lullaby the purple portal that shows up is white mi system is pretty crappy i got a p3 866 128 meg SDram and a sis 630 onboard vid card and sound i know i know its crappy but ohh well at least link isnt white ! if anyone could help me i would greatly appriceate it

:n64: for EVER !!!

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
What plugins are you using, and whats your version of directx?
BTW, your graphics card is most likely the problem, sorry. :plain:

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
RDFineM ;]

similiar to your problem :

Why are Link's clothes white?
Your system does not meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual).

Why can't I see Navi's (fairy's) body?
Either you don't meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual) or you need to update your video card drivers.

Your Graphic Card suxorz :]

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
Considering the fact that the N64 only has a 90mhz processor and less than 128 megs of ram, its hard to believe that emulating it requires do much fistpower.

OP
S

SpritLink

i tried RGB Emulation and it worked the fairy and sun changed to there proper form the only thing was i got no frame rate i would press a button and then it would take link half an hour to pull out the ocarina !!! im gonna try 1964 if it dosnt work then i guess navi is a square for life :happy: :happy:

:nuke: BOOM !

OP
S

SpritLink

OK OK OK 1964 didnt wprk i tried to use it with dedalus and all i got was wireframe actually not even that half the screen was black so im gonna try cooliscool's idea and use i.4 hope that this works :cry: :cry:

whatboy

I used to have a video card like that, actually is an onboard crappy video card, but I had an APG port, so I installed a voodoo and played with... I don't quite remeber, but maybe HLE or uHLE, or both are the same??? but know that I have an ATI that emulator doesn't work no more... so I use PJ64... besides has more compatibility...

Anakin

SpritLink said:
yea in OoT my fairy and sun are a white square also zeldas lullaby the purple portal that shows up is white mi system is pretty crappy i got a p3 866 128 meg SDram and a sis 630 onboard vid card and sound i know i know its crappy but ohh well at least link isnt white ! if anyone could help me i would greatly appriceate it

He he. Hey, i had the same problem as you, so you don't have to upgrade your system right now. Just follow my tips, ok?
For the square fairies:

First get the Jabo_Direct3D7.dll graphic plugin, you are using the 6.0 version, that came with the version 1.5 of Project64. To get this graphic plugin version you have to download the version 1.4 of Projetc64, you won't find the plugin without the emulator. Download the version 1.4 here http://www.pj64cheats.net/. When you get the graphic plugin in the plugins folder of Project64 1.4, paste a copy in the plugin folder of Project64 1.5.
Ok, the first step is finished.

But this won't solve the problem yet.
Go the the Options/Settings/Plugins in the emulator and select the Jabo_Direct3D7 1.40 graphic plugin. Don't forget to show the advanced configuration in the Options/Settings/Options. then go to the Options/Vídeo Plugin/Emulation. Now you are on the Configure Graphics Section. Just mark the options listed below:

X Enable Fog (This you can disable)
X Enable Display List Cullling
X Change Blending mode if invalid for video card
X Always use texture filtering for rendering

Now play the game. It worked fine to me. The fairies won't appear in a white box anymore.
Post a comment here if it worked to you, Ok?

Bye!

Last edited:
OP
S

SpritLink

SWWWEEEETTTT thank you so much !!!! u kick a$$ !!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

WHHHOOOOHHOOOOOOO NOW I CAN RUN ROUND WITH A REAL FAIRY !!!!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I still suggest eVoodoo & Glide64. Just untick a little option in the settings to make it run faster. You my use 1.4 with games that doesn't work with Glide64.

Oh yeah, if you don't know where to find them, look at their homepages below.

schibo

Emulator Developer
nycbeatatl said:
Considering the fact that the N64 only has a 90mhz processor and less than 128 megs of ram, its hard to believe that emulating it requires do much fistpower.

Well, you can't compare MHz to MHz because the architectures are completely different. Improving speed in an LLE emulator is very challenging (understatement of the year).