What's new

Emulation problems

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

I was just looking at some threads on the board here in different forums, and what struck me was,

1. The number of bizarre problems that people report, that nobody (at least in the thread), seems to be able to solve. What I mean by 'bizarre' is when all the obvious possibilitys for the problem are found not to be the answer i.e Rom is verified as good, emulator is set with default settings, emulator is re-installed, and still the problem persists.

and 2. When all the above criteria are met and people with practically the same hardware post to say they have no problems at all with the same game.

I wondered if it was possible then that these seemingly 'unsolveable' problems might be to do with OTHER software installed on their P.C. Is this possible ? If so is there a specific type of software that could cause this ?

Remote

Probaly yes, and it would seem logical that they boil down to drivers, updates and equals... Somehow I don't see a different version of Trillian or Winamp interfering with emulation... If there's something I've learnt about N64 emulation, it's to only use good dumps... It may sound trivial but in the end but it works.

OP
D

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

Sorry, I realised about the drivers and updates (forgot to mention them),

Yes though, I did mean things like other software like Trillian etc. (basically things that are in the startup).

Thanks for answering :)