What's new

Jabo and Zilmar, please read this!!

ashade

My name is Alexandre, I am a graphical programmer and now I'm interested in emu programing. I want to make a graphics plugin for project 64, mixing the power of directx9 and visual c++ .net. I have already found lots of info about the rdp and rsp funcions related to graphics, BUT they only say how it works... Unfortunately I need more, I need info about the ucode and microcode matrix (like they give for opcodes) and how do I make a project64 plugin (the name of the exporting functions, etc.) Please, answer me soon. You can send the info to my e-mail ([email protected]). THANKX a lot!

Cyberman

ashade said:
My name is Alexandre, I am a graphical programmer and now I'm interested in emu programing. I want to make a graphics plugin for project 64, mixing the power of directx9 and visual c++ .net. I have already found lots of info about the rdp and rsp funcions related to graphics, BUT they only say how it works... Unfortunately I need more, I need info about the ucode and microcode matrix (like they give for opcodes) and how do I make a project64 plugin (the name of the exporting functions, etc.) Please, answer me soon. You can send the info to my e-mail ([email protected]). THANKX a lot!

I'm not positive on this but the N64 likely doesn't use the features that directX9 would add to things. Jabo's uses DirectX6 successfully to emulate much of the N64's reality engine (tm Silicon Graphics). Funny thing is the reality engine's library is based on OpenGL (Silicon Graphics again). In any case.. have fun.. that's what emu programing is about.

As for plugins they are DLL's to the Zilmar 1.1 spec for display plugins I believe these are given in header files included with PJ64.

The compilor you use will be a big factor in making the DLL. I assume VC++ 6.0 or newer so that shouldn't be a problem. With BCB 5.0 + it's a different matter, you have to create a DEF file and essentially mirror the normal definitions with ones that aren't proceeded with _'s.

This is actually because VC++ deviates from Microsofts specification for DLL library generation by not proceeding each exported function with an underscore (I'm not going to comment on MS non conformance to there own standards).

I'm sure code warrior has something similiar and Phar Lapp does as well. :)

Cyb

OP
A

ashade

The great thing is that I need the microcodes parameters, their matrix organization, etc. What they do I already know, but how to recognize them, how to decode them, etc... I don't know. The pj64 exporting function names I need to know too...

zorbid

There are amny open source graphic plugins out there.

Have a look at glide64, deadalus official (by StrmnNrmn) and unofficial (by Rice, see 1964) d3d plugins, Icepir8's TR64 Ogl, maybe the source of UltraHLE...

It should answer mst of your questions :)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
(NL)Falcon4ever said:
no need for further questions:

Just read this forum:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1529&highlight=glide64

Everything you need can be found in there.
:plain:

yes, Glide64 (Its legal birth name was N64Glide) grew up at Emutalk. (Of Corse with the help of several Emu Authors ;)) So, you start a plugin here, you will recieve alot of help. Dave2001 carried his plugin out as far as he could, with non-stop support of the faithful regulars, Moderators & Adminstrators :D. It would be nice to see another GFX plugin sprout here at emutalk. :)

/me Misses the Memories

/me Cries in the Corner :cry:

zorbid

About DX9, youy may want to talk with StrmnNrmn, who wrote Daedalus then ported it to the Xbox, he wanted to use the Xbox pixel shaders to simulate some N64 stuff (although I don't remeber what).

But it's been a long time since he last came by here (dunno, maybe he got pissed by the leak of Xdaedalus...??)

decription

Sweet, with everyone leaving it is nice to hear people starting up like Orkin and you! Good luck, it may get tough but stick with it.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
"Funny thing is the reality engine's library is based on OpenGL (Silicon Graphics again). "

Wouldn't it be better to make an OpenGL based plugin?? ^_^

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, I remember when Glide grew up... :cry:
And btw, i suggest if you don't wish to make the plugin for newer cards only (ti cards mostly, 3 or 4 i suppose) of geforce at least, then don't use pixel shaders, or use them in software, because i know that the gf4 mx cards does not support pixel shaders.

Cyberman

ashade said:
The great thing is that I need the microcodes parameters, their matrix organization, etc. What they do I already know, but how to recognize them, how to decode them, etc... I don't know. The pj64 exporting function names I need to know too...

See
<Project 64 dir>\Docs\Plugin Specs\

It's ALL in there :)

Also talk with Hactrux he knows abit about automatic deciphering of microcodes in use.

Cyb

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It's hard to explain more than what is in the glide64 thread in this message board. If you want i can try to help you to start, i'm usually connected on irc #emulation64 or #mupen64 on efnet if you want some explanations :)