What's new

A Strange Problem

Dr Phibes

Athlon 2000xp
512 DDR Ram
128mb Radeon Card

The problem is that i can run the Roms fine until i move. All the things on the screen move just the right speed and all but when i move Mario,Link,etc... he moves too slow while all the while the other things on the screen move fine. I tried messing with different plug-ins/settings but i cant figure it out. Any ideas on this one? THANKS

returno

controller

Are you using a controller of some kind or the keyboard to move? If you are using a controller, which?

OP
D

Dr Phibes

im using an n64 controller. i'll try just my keyboard and see if that helps but playing zelda on a keyboard isnt going to be worth it.

OP
D

Dr Phibes

well i just tried it and it works! when using just the keyboard, Link,etc move around the right speed. any ideas how to make the n64 controller work like that? i have the USB adapter to plug in N64/PSX controllers but i cant believe thats the tradeoff for using the real controllers.

returno

keyboard ok

I played it with just the keyboard. No problem - just a bit harder maybe.

If the keyboard is OK, try using the controller in a different game or emulator - to try to narrow down where the problem is.

OP
D

Dr Phibes

thats what im working on now. i'll try some other emu's but i think i did try a couple already. i'll try it again and see but playing zelda on a keyboard? i'll give it shot if worst comes to worst but i'd still like to know why im having this trouble. thanks for the tips.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Well if you're using N-RAGE's input plugin (and you should :p) you have to set the stick range to ACTUAL N64 RANGE and set the slider to max at 100% or close to it.

My controller isn't an N64 one, it's a Saitek dual-analogue pad, but at the default 66% I have a similar problem in F-Zero X - I can't turn sharply at all.

OP
D

Dr Phibes

That fixed it! Thanks for the settings info. I could have sworn i tried thhose settings but i guess not. Much thanks! :daedalus: