What's new

Sound Settings for Zelda?

Brewer

My sound skips when playing Zelda. The Troubleshooting says its a known problem and to screw with the settings, but Im not sure there isnt one I havent tried yet. Was curious to if anyone got it to work, and what plug-in and settings do they have?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No lag here, just fine. And I'm using the default settings.
Out of intrest, is the emulation running full speed?

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
UltraHLE should go at full speed when it goes at 20 or more FPS. You can look it in the status bar when the emulation starts.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Brewer said:
My sound skips when playing Zelda. The Troubleshooting says its a known problem and to screw with the settings, but Im not sure there isnt one I havent tried yet. Was curious to if anyone got it to work, and what plug-in and settings do they have?

Best setting are uHLE Audio w/ Internal Audio. Works fine for me.

Madcapper

Tried eVoodoo?

I do not know which glide wrapper you're using but I've heard that using eVoodoo can improve on the sound problem. Compatibility is high and I think it might be one of the only widely-used glide wrappers that has fog support too, among other things, so there are some graphical advantages as well.

I tried using eVoodoo and it did seem to get the audio running more smoothly.

Check out the UltraHLE section at http://www.smiff.clara.net for more info.

Madcapper

I always thought that glide wrappers were all you could use with UltraHLE because it has no plugin support. Are we referring to the original emulator or one of these new versions like 2064?

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
As far as I know we talk about UHLE 2064 here...so you can use plugins and don't have to use glide wrappers :)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Engeljaeger said:
As far as I know we talk about UHLE 2064 here...so you can use plugins and don't have to use glide wrappers :)

Inless you want to, of course. :)

I find that the Glide plugin + eVoodoo 2.29 looks slightly better on an i810 than the DX 7 plugin, but it only runs at half the speed of the speed.

mig

it's quite simple ...
the faster your cpu, the less sound glitches will be. my amd k-2 400 wth V2 made me sick, Duron 1200 is no problem ....

regards, mig

OP
B

Brewer

Well Ive tried every setting there is and still doesnt work. I even downloaded new drivers for my video and sound cards. Granted my CPU is slow (450 Mhz, woo), I don't think thats a problem. Ive ran Zelda before, a long time ago, on one of the old UHLE Emulators, and I didnt have these problems. Of course I had a Voodoo card then, I dont know if that would make a difference.

mig

You have the choice to try other audio plugins. According to others there are big differences. But I can lively remember the sound glitches in old ultrahle with

Diamond Monster 3D 12 MByte Voodoo 2
AMD K6-2 400 @ 412.5 (Asus T2P4 with 75 MHz Bus, Coast and 160 MByte EDO RAM)

This was a quite fast system some time ago and it didn't sound well.

regards, mig