What's new

ROM dumping...how to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GE Master

Okay that topic was locked and I disagree with that decision.

The point is this. For christ's sake we're talking about emulation on an emulation message board. So, isn't this board basically illegal? No not really, so what the fuss about this topic exactly?

You can buy a Gameshark. You can link that with a parallel port to your PC. You can use utilities to dump your game ROM that you purchased, onto the pc for use on your emulator. Does that spell it out now? You can play the games you bought for your N64 on your PC. You made a backup with a device you bought from a STORE. Is this different than copying a tape or lp onto cassette or cd for use in a different player? Well let's debate that.

This topic shouldn't be locked. If people back up their own N64 Roms then there is no problem. Why don't you want people to know how to do it? Again, without a rom you don't have an emulator correct? So, just what is illegal or banned on these boards?

Thanks. Hope this clears up the rom dumping issue. Buy the game and make your own. Isn't that what everyone here has done???? Um, yes it is.....or is it?

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Just curious what's your legal argument? Can you tell me or show me a link of your claim?

Do you believe that it is illegal to make a copy of a cd onto cassette so that you can play it in your car stereo?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Look in the very back of the instruction manual for any of your n64 games (that is, if you own any). It specifically says: "Reproduction of this video-game in any way, shape, or form, will be prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law."

As for your second argument: Yes, to the RIAA of course. I personally could care less about people using warez, as i do too. :geek:

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
GE Master said:
Okay that topic was locked and I disagree with that decision.

The point is this. For christ's sake we're talking about emulation on an emulation message board. So, isn't this board basically illegal? No not really, so what the fuss about this topic exactly?

You can buy a Gameshark. You can link that with a parallel port to your PC. You can use utilities to dump your game ROM that you purchased, onto the pc for use on your emulator.
This topic shouldn't be locked. If people back up their own N64 Roms then there is no problem. Why don't you want people to know how to do it? Again, without a rom you don't have an emulator correct? So, just what is illegal or banned on these boards?

GE Master:
You know Damn well, that the port is for connecting to the PC to create Cheat codes via Software Not so you can dump a Rom Image.

Now as for all this "Okay that topic was locked and I disagree with that decision" I don't. & feel this should also be locked.

This Type of crap just entices spam & Unwanted Rom talk IMO.
& for encouraging to Illegally back up copies a Copyrighted Games will get you banned fast also.

Just remember why Emulation the N64 was created:
It was out interest & wonderment how the system worked.
The Authors worked Long & hard to do such a great job & shared the project with the public.

they didn't start it:
so that people could Play a remarkable console for nothing, promote Piracy, Or sit there listening to complaints how it should be more like the real console (as it don't play Game A, Or Game B)

I say stop dragging such great work into a seedy Area of "where can i get,How do a Pirate" & just enjoy what it was ment for.

Go to Emu64 for the Demos listings & have fun, if not Buy the console & Every game ever made & enjoy a great Console also.

so If you cant be a part the cure, Stop being a part the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.