What's new

better emu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

HEY! my previous post was deleted!!!

why not make only one emu : with UHLE Alpha & UHLE2064 ?
just take parts of the UHLE Alpha to add them to UHLE2064 like:
-Plugins GUI
-Roms columns
-Colums reordering
-Multi Dirs Support + Refresh
-Quick Menu (right click)
-Enable/Disable Debug Windows
-Enable/Disable Debug output

I DONT WANT THIS POST TO BE DELETED AGAIN!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It isn't THAT stupid, admit it, ultrahle 2064's gui stinks compared to ultrahle alphas gui. no offence intended.

Quvack

Things that we think that need to be added, will be added by ourselves. We wont be using the UltraHLE Alpha source to do this.

aprentice

Sayargh said:
It isn't THAT stupid, admit it, ultrahle 2064's gui stinks compared to ultrahle alphas gui. no offence intended.

No offense taken.

We are now stuck deciding what to do. Make an elaborate gui for everyone out there who request it or fix major bugs and improve compat? :happy:

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

:angry: why???? :angry:
I wont see UHLE2064 like i was when it was released.....

two things:

1 :If you dont want,you will be sure that the UHLE Alpha source wont be available anymore and dont ask for it ....

2:I WILL NEVER USE ULTRAHLE2064 OR SUPRAHLE ANYMORE!
Better takes PJ64 that is a real emulator with a real team.

I and ShadowPrince will still continue working on UHLE Alpha and there wont be any other public releases.....

!!!!!!!DONT ASK ME FOR ANYTHING ABOUT UHLE ALPHA!!!!!!

I'm really angry tonight so if you are not happy...........
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

thumperward

Because they want to look like they're making a "better" emulator, as opposed to "just a GUI", a syndrome shown years ago when any kiddie could take the BasicNES source and stick a new frontend on it and take glory.

Or, to put it bluntly, seeing as 2064 currently crashes on any machine it wasn't compiled on and doesn't do anything to justify its existence or hype (like bringing UHLE into the 21st century, playing Rogue Squadron or giving decent N64 graphics quality to users of mid-range non-nVidia cards) they don't want to be seen to taking code which is actually good and putting their own name on it.

I've lurked for months, and I can't believe my first post is a hideous flame. Ick.

- Chris

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
scyther said:

two things:

1 :If you dont want,you will be sure that the UHLE Alpha source wont be available anymore and dont ask for it ....

I and ShadowPrince will still continue working on UHLE Alpha and there wont be any other public releases.....

Fine. Frankly, i think no one here really cares what you do. As far as I (and many other people here) can see, UHLE alpha was nothing but convenient. No cmpatibility changes, nothing REAL important. So, drop it, before i become tempted to kick your ass. :pirate:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
donno I think UltraHLE Alpha is better than the 2064 version because it has a better GUI and secondly 2064 doesn't work on my system, (crashs everytime) :p

Besides you have got to give credit to Shadowprince and scyther for their work on the imput plugin support.

I hope the 2064 team will fix the problem on my computer in the next version. I don't know but I think that 2064's improvements on compatiblity can be countered on making a graphics plugin support for Alpha, :p

and I hope both authors will continue to work on the emulator so we could have some competition :):n64:

Acorn

Lets see, I could give my real opinion on this and start a whole new flame of thought, I could try and convince each side of what the other ment and cool tempers (and prolly make them each madder as they still wouldn't understand..) or I could look up and see that this entire thread is a flame and was almost ment to be, and request it please be closed, as its not productive, constructive, or useful to either side. Please.

Edit: Learning to spell.

scyther said:

two things:

I respect Acorns right to not express his opinion on this matter (the edit at the end made me laugh too :), but I'm so riled by Scythers' comments that I can't hold back.

Firstly, your comments have been proven wrong by the recent post on NGemu.

Secondly, as someone who defended ShadowPrinces' right to release his own version, based on the source code, without being laughed at, (as I'd defend anybody who contributed to the emu scene, however small or that contribution might be) for it's lack of changes compared to 2064 (before 2064 was released), I feel I actually have a 'RIGHT' to comment.

Basically Scyther your childish behaviour, and downright rudeness absolutely stinks. I cannot see how in the name of god ShadowPrince chose you to work with. On the one hand you have someone who respects other peoples work and congratulates them on it, and has made the decision to quit his emu graciously (which I respect, but don't agree with), whilst REQUESTING IN THE CORRECT WAY, that the 2064 team use his GUI. Whilst on the other hand we have you, who shows a complete lack of respect for the work of others, and now shows the true colours of his character, when having his request denied. I've seen some childish tantrums in posts here before (by what on all accounts ARE generally children), but nothing that has annoyed me as much as this post. Especially after Quvack has alreay 'politely' answered your request already.

My last comment must be that I am sorry to see ShadowPrinces work come to an end, and thankyou for all the hard work that went into it. As for you Scyther, personally I'll be glad to see the back of you (though undoubtedly I wont :(, and if there was any real justice on this message board, you'd be banned for this post.

If I were you, I'd also learn the art of manners fairly quick or you might find that when you reach adulthood, that people in the real world won't be immune to having your face accomodate their fist.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
scyther said:

two things:

OK, A Few Things....

1. We Dont care if there are any more releases of UHLE Alpha... I was impressed with ShadowPrince's Work (He was the first one to come out with a Legit UHLE) but if your going to be a dick about another person's work (IE: UltraHLE 2064) and what they lack in features, then fuck you and take your emu and shuve it up your ass...

2. It looks like your the RealityMan of UltraHLE Alpha, ShadowPrince did the work & you were commented in the credits...

3. If you dont decide to use UltraHLE 2064 or SupraHLE, We dont care... I wouldnt give a Flying fuck if you used it or not... (You know you want to use it, YOU CANT RESIST IT)

4. Your going to make your own emu and not share it... Thats one way to earn repect here you stupid cunt...

5. I know why you are so mad, You are on the Rag huh? :D

Closing Statment...

UltraHLE 2064 0wnz j00!!!

But what boggles me is, ShadowPrince announced that he is no longer going to work on UltraHLE Alpha. So your going to stick your thumb up your ass and look at the source and figure out how it works? Thats what It seems like <_<

ShadowPrince, Ditch this walking timebomb...

My 2 Cents...

Well said CPU,

That's one of the things that worried me too,

that Scythers' piece of shit post would somehow be associated with ShadowPrince.

Of course it couldn't really, anyone with any sense could see who was the brains behind the operation.

BTW I concede defeat in this to CPU, he seemed to make his point better, using a fuck sight less words than I did :happy:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
CpU MasteR said:
OK, A Few Things....

1. We Dont care if there are any more releases of UHLE Alpha... I was impressed with ShadowPrince's Work (He was the first one to come out with a Legit UHLE) but if your going to be a dick about another person's work (IE: UltraHLE 2064) and what they lack in features, then fuck you and take your emu and shuve it up your ass...

2. It looks like your the RealityMan of UltraHLE Alpha, ShadowPrince did the work & you were commented in the credits...

3. If you dont decide to use UltraHLE 2064 or SupraHLE, We dont care... I wouldnt give a Flying fuck if you used it or not... (You know you want to use it, YOU CANT RESIST IT)

4. Your going to make your own emu and not share it... Thats one way to earn repect here you stupid cunt...

5. I know why you are so mad, You are on the Rag huh? :D

Closing Statment...

UltraHLE 2064 0wnz j00!!!

But what boggles me is, ShadowPrince announced that he is no longer going to work on UltraHLE Alpha. So your going to stick your thumb up your ass and look at the source and figure out how it works? Thats what It seems like. <_<

ShadowPrince, Ditch this walking timebomb...

My 2 Cents...

/me wub CpU baby :blush:
Hug me now CpU baby.. ^_^

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.