What's new

help on Ogre Battle 64 needed plz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucardia

after so long longing to play this game, finally i found it. and now i am using pj64 to play this game, as well as the others because i like to use pj64, it's my best choice.

the problem lies here, i cannot get through the opening scene of Ogre Battle 64, where the screen should be like brown in colour potraying historical event. as i press start, the game just hang, not entirely, but not loading, and i can't end emulation.

ok, i switched to other emulator, and hmm......i can get throught that part, oh well, i thought i might be able to enjoy the game, but who knows what lurks behind. the graphic is great but in most of the battle field, i cannot see the field, just black, and some stones and trees, but i can see the characters. how does this happen???

i have downloaded all the video plugins available in various sites but hope comes to no avail. so far only one plugin is compatible with the game, which is Jabo's direct 3D6 1.5.

anyone has any idea how i should fix this problem, according to the faq, i should use RSP interpreter but when i used it, nothing happen, or maybe i should change the file's name, anyone knows how??? and also it's mentioned that pj64 1.5 is compatible with this game.

plz. plz help me, longing to play this game for very very long time since it came out. u'll have my greatest grantitude, thanks in advance.

Idonex

Have you used GoodN64 to verify your rom? It might be a bad dump. I had a quick blast on Ogre Battle the other day using PJ64 and as far as i could tell it worked fine.

OP
A

Alucardia

how do i do that??? i tried to refresh the rom but i couldn't list it out. and i used other emu, it says this rom is almost playable, need better gfx.

OP
A

Alucardia

i can run the game now, after i reinstall the emu from my fren. the thing is we downloaded the same emu, mine doesn't work, but his can. nvm about that then.

one more thing, is it always that there are missing battle field while battling??? most of the fields are black, or dark, but i can still few rocks and trees around, just a dark terrain when i battle. i am using Geforce 2 MX400. anything that can fix the problem??/ and which graphic plugin should i use??? so far only Jabo's 3D6 1.5 is compatible with the game.

i hope someone can help me with this. thanks a lot.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Alucardia said:
i can run the game now, after i reinstall the emu from my fren. the thing is we downloaded the same emu, mine doesn't work, but his can. nvm about that then.

one more thing, is it always that there are missing battle field while battling??? most of the fields are black, or dark, but i can still few rocks and trees around, just a dark terrain when i battle. i am using Geforce 2 MX400. anything that can fix the problem??/ and which graphic plugin should i use??? so far only Jabo's 3D6 1.5 is compatible with the game.

i hope someone can help me with this. thanks a lot.

No way, OB64 has great backgrounds. It's an emulation bug.

bruman

SAME PROBLEM

Hey, I just wanna bump this topic because i am having the same problem. The game runs fine.. music is unreal everything is good, EXCEPT

The Backgrounds are not there in *SOME* places. For some of the talk sequences the background is there.. but once you actually enter the game and fight a battle its just BLACK.

I tried everything to fix this.. but nothing works and no other emulators can do this game.

a sticky post said that altering the RDB file uCode ID# might be able to fix graphics glitches.. but how exactly do u change the uCode ID# ????

My system specs:

p4 2.53 ghz
Geforce 3 ti200
256 333mhz DDR

Dasch

I had Ogre Battle 64 a while ago and wanted it again, so I know how it used to be on the N64, and was extremely disappointed with the fact that there were no backrounds. After a bit I figured out one that shows them!
Rices Video Plugin, which you can get here: http://www.ngemu.com/n64/mupen64.php?action=plugins
The big problem: the sound is all screwed up, cutting out almost as much as its on. I've tried about four different sound plugins, so I think that its the Rice plugin that's messing the sound up. Any suggestions?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Dasch said:
I had Ogre Battle 64 a while ago and wanted it again, so I know how it used to be on the N64, and was extremely disappointed with the fact that there were no backrounds. After a bit I figured out one that shows them!
Rices Video Plugin, which you can get here: http://www.ngemu.com/n64/mupen64.php?action=plugins
The big problem: the sound is all screwed up, cutting out almost as much as its on. I've tried about four different sound plugins, so I think that its the Rice plugin that's messing the sound up. Any suggestions?

Uhh... do you have any idea how old this thread is?
- Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.