What's new

Zelda Majoras Mask Fix

mmikeman

Hey ..Is there anyway I can fix the stolen orcanas and no health problem in Zelda MOM? I was thinking of using cheats but I dunno how to create them with the new ultrahle cheat.ini? Any suggestions... Still I am very Happy to see It working..Thanx Guyz:daedalus: :n64:

My Specs: 450Mhz Amd K6-3D Now!
dvd rom 16x, cd burner 40x,10x,40
ati rage 128 32mb
soundblaster live!
ADSL internet Sympatico Ultra High Speed Edition

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The team is diligently working on bug fixes. This issue will be resolved ASAP. Please be patient. There are not hacks to make it go away.

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Perhaps this will help to find a Hack: Normally 1964 can run Zelda MOM perfect and without this error, but at the time, when I corrupted my INI I had the same problem --> 1964's configuration for the game was dead and 1964 used standard which doesn't work. --> Use the configuarion of 1964 to let the game run.
(With the help of the good old "PATCH=" from the old INI or integrate a new configuraion system into INI and Emulator, which has the same buttons to play around like 1964's confiuration dialog.)

Lear'nos

Nah I doubt that would do the trick. The bugs in MM are present because flashram isn't (fully) implemented yet.
Just be patient and wait for a new release.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
I think that the Ocarina bug is a type of protection. I don't think you can solve it only editing the ini.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The ocarinas are afaik not copy protection. Lac (or lemmy) once said on the board that the ocarinas are just junk data loaded from the flashram which wasn't emulated in nemu.

It's probably something similar.

OP
M

mmikeman

I guess it best to wait till the next release^_^ I happy with what i got for now.. I do agree with the fact that the flashram has something to do with it though.:baaa:

Dominator

It's a Flashram bug.

And let me quote Azimer again :

The team is diligently working on bug fixes. This issue will be resolved ASAP. Please be patient. There are not hacks to make it go away.

eleven

I at first dismissed the possibility that it was copy protection, but im beginning to think it may well be.

I played the game for a long as i could, with the ocarinas instead of the sword, and got to the edges of the first town. What got me here was that the soldiers were telling me that 'i cannot pass without a weapon'. Do they always say this, even if the ocarinas aren't taking your swords place? Do you lose your sword when you become a deku child? I haven't tried it on an emu other than ultrahle, so i can't be sure of anything.

If these soldiers let you through when you don't have zero life and an inv full of ocarinas, why would nintendo actually add the 'you need a weapon' response unless they expected that you'd lose your sword at some point (protection?).

Correct me if im totally wrong here, but this is just speculation. Chances are they do the same even on hardware, and my aforementioned theory is down the virtual crapper.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
IT IS NOT COPYRIGHT PROTECTION!!! sorry to use caps but some people just need to get it through their heads. It is just a flashram error. Other emulators that have Z:MM working on them all have the flashram emulated correctly. Just wait until the UHLE2064 team gets it in order and it will work correctly, no hack needed.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
You lose your sword if the bird steals it (at which point you can buy it back at the curiousity shop, which is in town.)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
u r right,i made a mistake,sorry about that,but i am not so impressed with this release like i was with 1.04,it is right,a lot of things changed but it is still kinda buggy,if u have some time, look at my posts about bugs.