What's new

nvidia bug

OP
R

rico001

bugfix and feedback

I have recently used v1.0 of your new emu.
I am using win95b with directx8 and nvidia drivers 41.09 pre-certified.
When I try to use your glide plugin with your xengine. I get the following error with your glide2x.dll plug in and the emu crashes with another error.
I have enclosed the error messages in a zip file

resolution 512x384 windowed

Nvidia GeForce2 MX100/200 (Verto)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some more feedback...

I have found out that your xengine, 2064plugins and glide2x.dll can be used with other emulators, such as project 64.

The nvidia error where the computer hangs at a black screen still occurs in emus such as ultra anything... This error appears to occur during or after roms are loaded. This error does not occur when using PJ64

Instead of continuing work on an emu GUI, why don't you concentrate your efforts more on the xengine and plugins? Working on the gui now would be like reinventing the wheel. Because you already can use Blade64 or any other GUI. In my opinion your objectives where completed! I am running it on a 333Mhz computer. Thanks emu authors.

:)

OP
R

rico001

anyone else?

Has anyone else experienced a lockup with n64 emu's and nvidia cards do you know of a solution.

The screen goes black upon reset/shutdown after loading roms. It also makes other games that I've tried unable to use DX
I have nvidia verto win95B and do not wish to update the OS.

Has anyone tried the newer creative labs drivers?
(you can move this specific post)

OP
R

rico001

W95

The nvidia bug is not an nvidia bug but is actually caused by the OS as I discovered a while ago.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=10023&pagenumber=3

If you aren't going to fix it thats fine.

All of the info is the same as in this post...

I will now hopefully quit nagging about it.

ChaosBlade

My Heart Chose.. Revenge.
Why Are you trying to use Glide on a nVidia Card ?!?

nVidia are designed for OpenGL .. Try using that :)

I reckon glide shouldnt even work on a geforce since nVidia doesnt have support for it (at least not until GF3 was out and they bought 3DFX)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Rsagy said:
Why Are you trying to use Glide on a nVidia Card ?!?

nVidia are designed for OpenGL .. Try using that :)

I reckon glide shouldnt even work on a geforce since nVidia doesnt have support for it (at least not until GF3 was out and they bought 3DFX)

They can't support GLide. GLide is basically metal coding for 3dfx's Voodoo line... thus it can't *technically* work on any other card, at least not in hardware.

The only way it can work on a non-Voodoo is through a wrapper.

ChaosBlade

Thats what i was thinking, Thx for clearing up.

but since nVidia now owns 3DFX they CAN add support .. or use some of its coding.

OP
R

rico001

I have tried the original ultrahle, uhle alpha and 1964,

Irregardless of Glide --- all of these progs cause errors under W95, --the n64 emulators have caused directx errors in the system,

Corn causes minor errors that can be worked around
, the only emu that has been the most stable regaurding this is PJ64.

I do not have glide cards

MG100 --old, DX5 supported, junk for games, disabled :nuke:
and
Verto PCI,
Thanks for the help though,
:linux:

yawis3632

hey actually i am going to have to agree here, i think there seriously is a bug, i have a ti4200 and everytime i use the uhle plugin or the xengine i jsut get a black screen and the rom closes or something to that nature, like i can here the sound but no picture. However when i use an other gfx plugin like jabo's 1.4 or 1.5 DX the gfx works just fine, ive tried using the openGL and the DX plugins for the xengine, neither work... so if anyone knows how to do it... help a brotha out

OP
R

rico001

???

Thanks but I believe we are talking about 2 different bugs, the bug you are talking about, I believe occurs in the xengine plugin, maybe something like what Dom said
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=10543&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=2

I get a bug similiar to that as well, the rom loads but nothing happens,

talk more lateer school +bed...
19:38 --1/13/03

OP
R

rico001

Windows95B

Windows 95B OSR2 128Mb RAM
PII 333Mhz Celeron MMX
3D Card: Geforce2 MX200 32Mb (Verto)

From alpha forum... The main error that I get is a black screen So I have to restart my comp the hard way--turning it off, then on, not going to shutdown. This is only a symptom of the main problem... W95 is not currently supported... I get DX errors and run32.dll? errors sometimes when trying to do other programs after running it
I think this dll is responsible for shutdown.

I am not a programmer
You might want to continue error trapping input, processing, and output, when loading roms... Alpha has a debugger...

I don't know if you can fix these emu exiting problems, but thanks for the hard work.

----------------
class was short. You can close this thread,

ChaosBlade

Well.. windows 95 is very very old.. id recommend you to get a new OS. like windows 98se for your specs .

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Rsagy said:
Well.. windows 95 is very very old.. id recommend you to get a new OS. like windows 98se for your specs .

Lets not Start this again, He Refuses to upgrade is OS. He is hopless <_<

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's true...newer games require at *least* win98. It's even that directx8 requires win98, and there is none (afaik?) for win95 :p

He has himself to sue.

Last edited:
OP
R

rico001

YEAH!

You were right about the "Nvidia Bug" as I called it. I'm using 98 and it fixes the problems. This goes for alpha and all UltraHLE and N64 emus except for corn and PJ64
now I play MarioKart...
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

peeps

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Doomulation said:
That's true...newer games require at *least* win98. It's even that directx8 requires win98, and there is none (afaik?) for win95 :p

He has himself to sue.

Yes, Windows 98 is the minimum requirement with all very new
games, but *not* a DirectX requirement unless it's DirectX 8.1+.

It's still possible it's not a problem related to Windows 95 OSR2.
Also, most Nintendo 64 emulator GFX renderers don't require
DirectX 8.

I don't know of any Nintendo 64 emulator GFX emulator plugin
that requires DirectX 8.1.

Last edited:
OP
R

rico001

fixed

I used some compatibility options with the GeForce Tweak Utility and I think it fixed my problems