ROM dumping... HOWTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanSee

Depressive freak
Hi every1

Maybe this isn´t the right place, but maybe it also is, since
the N64 uses cartridges.

I just wanted to know how ROMs are bing dumped.

I know there were devices on the black market for the Amiga that could read Gameboy cartridges in order to emulate them. They were plugged into the PCMCIA port.

:: CanSee ::

:)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
This is illegal any way you look at it - whether or not you own the cartridges, or they are your friend's. I doubt this discussion will go any further than that.

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
Gawsh !

The purpose of it was only to understand how it works, not to do it by myself (which would be a complete waste of time anyway, since every game is avaible online already)...

Sorry if I let sound it that way...

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
What´s your problem anyway ?

It was just a technical interest about how roms are being dumped. I once again appologize if it sounded like I wanted to start a black market business.

I myself own a N64 and have no real interest in playing several games for free. It´s just the fun to see that something can run on another platform in bigger resolution etc.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
I dont have a problem pal. Its just that your "...since every game is avaible online already" statement is quite amusing.
you know, the rules DO state that NO talk of where roms are available is permitted.
taken from the DO NOT section
Ask for ROMs (commercial games), tell people where to get ROMs, or ask people to contact you outside the forum
lol

mesman00

What's that...?
now i think it's common knowledge that all games are available online. the rules refer to specific places, lets not get to technical here.

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
OK, to clear things up:

1.) I did NOT have the desire to dump ROMs myself, it was only of technical interest. I probably don´t have enough background knowledge to do that anyway. The only programming lessons I had was the few Pascal lessons in school.

2.) I did NOT beg for ROMs, and am VERY WELL familiar with copyright laws, so don´t paste me statements about what´s prohibited and what not !

3.) I somehow realize that I have to precise my questions further to avoid such conflicts. I again appologize for that.

4.) "... all ROMs are avaible online..." <--- what´s so amusing about that ? I´d like to know :)

Allnatural

CanSee:

I would rather that the discussion here not get too in-depth; it is a bit in the "grey area." Do a google search for the CD64, z64, and Dr v64. All are devices used for dumping N64 cartridges. You're on your own from here.

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.