What's new

Goldeneye Probs

mesman00

What's that...?
Hi, ony my computer i double click goldeneye, but i don't get anything. It loads the rom into memory and starts cycling, but i don't get any video output or anything. It just shows me the GUI, and when i go into full screen, its just black. this is with the UltraHLE graphics plugin, using D3D and OpenGL

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
What you describe is exactly what i am getting!

However i can't run any other games either, so if you can its proberly a different problem.

I know now that its not my graphics card or operating system because...

I tested on my old Geforce 1 and new Geforce 3 with the same results.

I have both win 95 & 2K on my comp and both give me the same results.

Oh well *sigh*

Merry xmas! :holiday:

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
i had the same prob with it, and i found out it was the audio plugin that was the problem, try azis older plugin, that helped me

ryukenden

Ninja RyuKenDen
I get the same prob with 007. Also, if NO games seem to work, test on WaveRace SE Japan. It is the only game I got working on it.

Knuckles

me too on GoldenEye US & EUR with others games like Mario Kart 64 US & EUR, Harvest moon with no display, Cruis'n USA jam on first screen, Diddy Kong Racing v1.1 doesn't display amything, game start and nothing and Hey you Pikachu : no sound.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Posted by ryukenden...
I get the same prob with 007. Also, if NO games seem to work, test on WaveRace SE Japan. It is the only game I got working on it.

Thanks for the tip I haven't got the Jap version but i tried the USA one and its the first rom ive been able to get to display graphics.
Even though it does crash before it reaches the arch-type-thing in the intro. *Hmmm* <_<

It seemed to be running at a nice speed though with good sound.

Saint_Mike

I'm getting many trobles trying to play any game with this release, for example GOLDEN EYE, using the internal UHLE plugin , gives me this message when the rom loaded:

"Memmap Vxd initialization failure."

First I tried with the glide api, then I tried the D3D version but it gives me the same error, so I use the old fix for the voodoo 3 card and make the rom start but with many graphics problems. Thats why I chage to another plugin, Jabo's D3D v1.5, this one works perfect with my computer:

Pentium 3 550Mhz
64MB RAM
Voodoo 3 2000
Windows ME