What's new

UltraHLE 2064 compat problems reports

Dominator

Dear UltraHLE 2064 users,

We are well aware of the problems you may encouter with the first UHLE 2064 release. So many various changes have been added in a rather short period of time that we expect you to help us bust various problems.

If you notice any trouble with a playable rom, feel free to report it in this thread.

Please make sure to read the help file first.
Give us as many details as possible on your hardware/software configuration aswell as the emu configuration (plugins used and such).

We are not interested in hearing requests concerning = Not Working = roms.

Thanks for your contribution.

- The Staff -

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i've seen this in alot of emus, lol, as soon as you get control of link he dies (at the start of the game), and loads of ocarnias are on the c buttons, this doesn't really do anything to effect the game i just find it annoying lol, good work though, like to see majoras mask work in ultrahle! :happy:

Hardwares in my signature,

Plugin config:

Jabos Direct3d7 1.40
internal audio plugin,
Jabos directinput7 1.5

OP
D

Dominator

Hmm, weren't aware of this problem.

Thanks for reporting it, will give it a look if/when I have hours to kill.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Sayargh said:
i've seen this in alot of emus, lol, as soon as you get control of link he dies (at the start of the game), and loads of ocarnias are on the c buttons, this doesn't really do anything to effect the game i just find it annoying lol, good work though, like to see majoras mask work in ultrahle! :happy:

Hardwares in my signature,

Plugin config:

Jabos Direct3d7 1.40
internal audio plugin,
Jabos directinput7 1.5

Hm.. does uhle 2064 support FlashRAM?

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
In the intro of Zelda 2 the GFX goes faster than the music, and in the intro of Smash bros. the music goes faster than the GFX. Maybe the emu needs a FPS limiter or something?

BTW, what version of FZero works in UltraHLE 2064? I have the US and PAL (SP - FZero X) versions and any of those work :(

OP
D

Dominator

does uhle 2064 support FlashRAM?

Yes.

Maybe the emu needs a FPS limiter or something?

No, this is most likely a sync problem. Switching to another sound plugin can partially/fully solve the problem.
Games already have their own limiters. No games has been considered as unplayable because of high speed during beta tests (even tho' *some* were close to this).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
OH! Uhle 2064 uses a folder called "Plugins" While PJ64 uses "Plugin" :phone:

Hmm.. i find UHLE's GFX plugin to be quite sweet with PJ64.. Is there any way to stop it from switching to fullscreen when i start a game though? You dudes rock. :holiday:

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Argh, no exit pad in banjo kazooie, when you enter the world theres an entry/exit pad, but its not there, and theres no way to exit the world without quiting and saving the game :saint:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Zelda OoT: There are some problems with transperencies on 2d objects, such as grass, latters, and fences. There are also some pretty severe lighting problems. This is with the new DX7 plugin. :)

ryukenden

Ninja RyuKenDen
I tried out the release with hopes of playing GoldenEye without the frame drop that Project 64 gives me. However, GoldenEye results in no graphical or audio output. Infact, nothing did till now. Now I have WaveRace SE Japan running. Still no luck with GoldenEye.

I hope you can work out the bugs and release a more solid version.

If anyone has gotten GoldenEye to work please lemme know how.

This is the same GoldenEye rom I used back when I had a Voodoo 2 and UltraHLE so I'm doubting that it's the rom image fault.

Edit: Nevermind, seems the comments are working now and it's clearly labeled not working. What a shame.

Last edited:

aprentice

ryukenden said:
I tried out the release with hopes of playing GoldenEye without the frame drop that Project 64 gives me. However, GoldenEye results in no graphical or audio output. Infact, nothing did till now. Now I have WaveRace SE Japan running. Still no luck with GoldenEye.

I hope you can work out the bugs and release a more solid version.

If anyone has gotten GoldenEye to work please lemme know how.

This is the same GoldenEye rom I used back when I had a Voodoo 2 and UltraHLE so I'm doubting that it's the rom image fault.

Edit: Nevermind, seems the comments are working now and it's clearly labeled not working. What a shame.

I;m not sure what version you are using, but the (U) version of golden eye works for me. Im using ultrahle video->opengl and internal audio + nrage plugin. If it doesnt boot try turning the mem pack off in the plugin.

OP
D

Dominator

Edit: Nevermind, seems the comments are working now and it's clearly labeled not working. What a shame

All the good dumps of Geye work (U, J and E) and are mentioned as playable. UHLE 2064 mostly supports good dumps.

Argh, no exit pad in banjo kazooie, when you enter the world theres an entry/exit pad, but its not there, and theres no way to exit the world without quiting and saving the game

I have never played up to this point. I'll ask a tester to make a save states there. Thx for the tip.

deekay2

Banjo kazooie
- Freezes on 1 specific part (as apposed to randomly as in docs)
crashes in mumbo mountain when i shoot a block of the totem with an egg before block explodes.
- Can't get ingame (sram?) saves to work, have to start from beginning all the time.

Smash Bros
- Freezes just when i click 1p game in menu.

GoldenEye
- No bad guy sprites using internal vid (ogl/d3d)
- jabo vid (1.4/1.5) has the screen not properly aligned

Zelda 1
- Sound stutters no matter what audio plugin combo i try

Zelda 2
- plays slower than it does no pj64 oddly enough

aprentice

deekay2 said:

Zelda 2
- plays slower than it does no pj64 oddly enough

UltraHLE, unlike Pj64 shows the speed if FPS (frames per second). Pj64 shows everything in VI/S (which is the equvilant of N64 FPS). Zelda 2 runs at 20fps on the real n64.

Knuckles

when i try to start some games like Pokemon stadium (U) [!] and Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] the game start and the emu crashes for no reason with the default video plugin in glide or D3D7 mode(openGL too slow on my PC but working :s) Also, about the DX7 mode, when i start the game, the emu crashes and tell that eVOOODD?!?! can't create primary surface?!?!?!? its supppose to be DX7 and it's using the glide wrapper?!?!?!?

zorbid

its supppose to be DX7 and it's using the glide wrapper?!?!?!?
Just a guess...

Maybe because the d3d code is based on a thight integration between the native Uhle glide code and eVoodoo?? Remember that McLeod has worked on this...