What's new

killer instinct gold issues

zeldamad

i am having problems with killer instinct gold...for some reason my characters are invisable, there shadows are white, i cant attack but i can move and jump, the game slows down and speeds up all the time and i get quite a few grapical errors...can somebody plz help me!! :cry:

im using pj64 v1.5

thanx

OP
Z

zeldamad

ok...
sys specs:
windows 98 second edition
AutenticAMD AMD Duron Processor
88.0MB RAM

Plugins:
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5
Jabo's DirectSound 1.5
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.5

i hope thats enough info :)

whatboy

88.0MB RAM

this looks like you have an onBoard graphic card... that's bad, realy realy bad... If you have an APG slot on your Motherboard you could install a better graphic card...

I'm only assuming that you have 96Mb of total memory and 8Mb shared video mem...

Geoz

De Master
:plain: Do any other rom images that u posses have the same problem, because u seem to have quite a good system apart from that graphics card (if its the onboard one, that whatboy suggested u had:))
Yo people Geoz

OP
Z

zeldamad

at the moment i dont have any more rom images :(
i have a voodoo 2 graphics card aswell as on board

i used to have the n64 emu and a load of roms but my p.c. got a virus and i had to reboot windows and ilost it all :cry:

Geoz

De Master
:plain: Sorry to hear that...u ought to invest in a cd/r to back up those roms cause (i know i've been there) they r blooming annoying to redownload if u dont own broadbrand or if the site u got them off closed down...
anyway did ur roms have that problem before u had to reboot...<_<

OP
Z

zeldamad

i installed a zip drive; now i have all my files on them...

my roms i had before did not do any thing like what this has done...except paper mario...sometimes the characters went completely black, and i had a couple of slows downs nowand then, but paper mario had problems anyway :)

Geoz

De Master
:plain: What is it with 2d games like dr Mario (i know that that game is not exactly great but it still stands unemulated i think!)
Have u tyd installing the latested driver on ur voodoo system maybe u lost some of the graphics and speed because ur stuck again with old standard drivers... (just guessing cause i dont have such problems..i cant even start up pj64 anymore so consider ur self lucky!):)

OP
Z

zeldamad

LOL...i have tried installing new drivers for my voodoo but it just mucks up!
i cant use glide aswell for some reason?

Geoz

De Master
:plain: Ok i think we are getting to the bottom of this...looks like it's ur graphivs card playing up...btw voodoo cards r slightly out of dte if u can try to update to any modern card e.g. ati or nvidia cards (they r both as goods exactly y could u not use glide?:)

OP
Z

zeldamad

my voodoo card cant load glide at all for some reason...when i click on settings in pj64 it comes up error loading glide64.dll

Geoz

De Master
:blush: ok now i am running out of ideas...try reinstalling the glide wrapper... hell reinstall PJ64 try previous versions like 1.4 does that have any errors?
if no it might just be PJ 1.5 or the rom...is it a good rom? *i dont remember asking this but i prbably did

OP
Z

zeldamad

i have tried all of them and it is a good rom

thanx for helping me try and sort the problem out! :D

Yevun

its a core issue

I am assuming this is a core issue since the same thing happens to me. The charceters are black, the game slows down considerably and is quite unplayable =)

bositman

If i recall correcly,using jabo's v1.4 gfx plugin takes care of the invisible characters and other gfx problems.But the severe slowdown has been a core issue for many releases and still is