What's new

Best GBA Emulator

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I'm want to download a GBA emulator, which are the better ones around? Advantages an disadvantages of them? Where can I download them?

L

Lachp30

A google search for GBA emulators will find the emulator for you, but as for the best..well I always like VisualBoyAdvance due to it's high compatability:)

Anchel

The Xpaniard
VisualBooy slow?
What are you talking about? It works fine!
For me it works great at frameskip: 0
And it worked that fast when I had my Nvidia TNT2 too!
How can it be slow?

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Doom : that's wird: goes at 99% on my machine with frameskipp 0 ( last played : Lunar Legends )

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Anchel said:
VisualBooy slow?
How can it be slow?

Slow as in it needs a very fast machine. <_<

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Boycott - fast
VBA - more compatible , fast on high end PC's

Last edited:

CKemu

VBA is the best IMO, great compatibility, good speed, and I guess that does it, but I am concerned, even on my older machine (1.2Ghz 256MB Ram GeForce 2 GTS), it needs for some games frameskip 1 or 2, all that power, for what is effectivly a snes, is that bad programming, or is it pure interpriter, I mean for heavens sake ePSXe runs at stupidly fast FPS :D and a PS1 is far more complex than a GBA :p

But VBA is still the best, and running my machine I have no problems with it (specs in my sig).

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
vba runs around 400% (gb/gbc) and 180% (gba) on my old duron 800 with frameskip 0, btw snes emulation is a hell of a lot more complex than psx, cds have no extra hardware, a lot snes cartridges have

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jaz said:
Am I the only person on this board who thinks Boycott 0wnZ? ^_^
Err, i never really used it ;)
I had begun playing in vba so i didn't bother to switch and i've never used it since, lol.

ediskywalker

Anchel said:
VisualBooy slow?
How can it be slow?

hy, but I agree that visualboy is slow, not all the time, but sometimes it decreases speed even when the speed display is at 100% , i saw it in castlevania circle of the moon, metroid fusion and zero mission, dk 2, and others, so it means that the visualboy is not perfect. so if someone know where to find a faster emulator please tell me, THX!
my specification

windows xp visualboy advance 8.0 beta 3
athlon xp 2.4 Ghz
Ddr 512 Mb 400 Mhz
Ati Radeon 9600 XT
Hd Sata 80 Gb 7200 RPM

Clements

VBA worked fullspeed on my old machine with everything maxed out and 1 frameskip, and on my new machines, 0 frameskip. If you want a faster emulator but sacrifice compatibility and features then use No$GBA, but it's more likely that your machine requires better maintenance or has improper VBA settings.

WhiteX

I agree, i even installed VBA into some K6-2 of friends and it is the fastest emulator for GBA, for such machines, speed is quite awful and frameskip is to be used, but for my machine i can even use some filters with no hassle.