Will you pay to see Lord Of The Rings?

• Yeppers, I support good movies

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Nope, I'm cheap

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
this movie is amazing!! i could not find anything that i didn't like about this movie, the scenery was great, the acting was completely solid, the battles astually seemed realistic!!

*takes a breath*

the computer effects looked so real that... i donno, they just looks seamless and great.

Perfection to the last minute of the film, and they end the movie with you wanting more!!

excellent watch, and go to the theatre instead of downloading the movie, isn't it worth it to support such a great movie?

lastly: imagine 2 years (or less) from now, being able to sit down with the full 9 hours of Lord Of The Rings, what an excellent way to kill off a day! :D

Macca

One questioin

How should i go about seeing and reading it? should i see then read or read then see?

blizz

it doesn't matter which way really, but you have to do both to do it justice since the books contain so many appendices detailing family trees etc...

zorbid

does it cost so hard?

You can find tickets around 4$ in belgium (not everywhere, but you can :) )

blizz

Re: does it cost so hard?

zorbid said:
You can find tickets around 4$ in belgium (not everywhere, but you can :) )

my ticket was free, and in the Odeon in Leicester Square :D

Acorn

Book for, deff book first.

Both are good but the book is what made the movie, best to read it first.

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Acorn said:
Book for, deff book first.

Both are good but the book is what made the movie, best to read it first.

yes, reading the books fills in some gaps, but if you have read the hobbit you should have enough information to almost completely understand the moive :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Man, if youve read the books, then youd realize the movie was a big let down. THe books kick ass.

Acorn

Read the books slougi? ;) All the books? 20 times each?

Anyway, you can only expect so much out of a simple movie. Can't complain to much.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Heh, I tried to read this book once... It got me bored as hell, donno why, people told me that it gets better later on, but I just couldn`t continue reading... I prefer the "Dragon lance chronicles" seriees, donno if you heard about it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i read the trilogoy before the hobbit in like my last year of primary school. i dont think i properly understood, and i skipped like most of the second book as i couldnt read it properly. hav not seen the film yet, heard its well good, even my parents wanna see it (a bit weird that really)

Martin

Administrator
Eagle said:
Man, if youve read the books, then youd realize the movie was a big let down. THe books kick ass.

Good thing I haven't read the books then :).

I'm going to watch the movie with my gf tomorrow. I told her I wanted to see that movie and she got tickets for us. Yay! I Love her. :)

Acorn

*gasp*

We let someone who hasn't read TLOTR moderate this forum!?!? Run an emulation site!?!?

;)

Martin you'll have to read them, they are the best fantasy lit ever written.

Acorn

Actually, I'm geekier than that ;)

I have:
The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
The Silmarillion

In txt files, as well as hardcover for looks, and paperback for reading (I hate trying to read HB books!!)

I have the book which was pieced together from his works, as well as serveral on him also, wish Tolkien would have written more.

On a diff note (which Telsa-cridic will prolly spam about it not having anything to do with this thread heh) what other "classic" fantasys do you think are good? What ones rate up with Tolkien's?