What's new

reverse engeneering: how to?

ashade

I'm currently developing a n64 emulator, and it's getting really good. The problem is the rdp emulation: it doesn't exist any documentation about that. So, I will try to reverse engeneer n64 rdp, but I don't know how do people do that. Can somebody explain me how?

ibadip

Last edited by a moderator:

Trotterwatch

Good pic and all, but could you remove it? Thanks.

It would also be a good idea for this to go into the programming forum rather than the PJ64 one. So delete it from here, and repost it where it is relevant.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The simple answer is, they do trial and error, test some code, and see if it works, other than that i'm clueless.

Zuzma

Dunno if this will help but I did a 2 second google search and turned up a page on RDP microcodes. It looks like it's only use to actually program stuff for it so i have no idea if it would help you understand the hardware. Btw why would you want to revese enginer something that already is?? Why not ask one of the many emulation authors that hang around here.

http://www.icequake.net/n64/doc/n64func/ucode/microcode.html

Another place I like alot is dextrose...

www.dextrose.com

Edit: oops i'm stupid that was for rsp microcodes =/

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I Have a Better idea Why not post it in the right bloody place to begin with ? :)

ashade: Yes i mean you posting in the right place, & Dont post stupid Pics like that again thanks

Last edited: