What's new

Mupen @ 5.6fps...slow

Geoz

De Master
:) I would be really greatfull, but y is mupen64 running so slow...
My comp is definatly not slo
here r my specs:
Windows XP (Home)
2.4 Ghz AMD athlon XP 2400
Geforce 4 128mb ti 4200
512mb ram

PJ64, Nemu & 1964 all work with 60fps so what gives...:ermm:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
why would you want to use mupen64?
use pj64 or 1964 instead - both will be faster and more compatible.

//off topic//
got that xp2400+ running at 2.4ghz, eh?
well done - thats quite impressive. what cooling are you using?
//end//

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
no idea to be frank... the good people @ MESH computors put it together fpr me...:)
//anyway// i waz wondering about mupen64 because it is the only emu i like using on Mac OS X and that runs ok... must be a PC thing:blush:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
ahhh. i say stick with the top two - pj64 and 1964.

//sorry off topic again//
if its a pre built system, then that pc isnt running at 2.4ghz. it actually runs at 2.0ghz (the '2400' is just a performance rating).
You might want to change that in your sig
//no really ive finished this time//

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:n64: :happy: i ment i over clocked it and replaced then coolent system but not sure what too...
Geoz

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
no probs...lol

:blush:
soory i must not have made myself understood..bad geoz, bad geoz
:baaa: d geoz! lol
//anyway//
i heard that pj and 1964 preferer .v64 files and mupen .n64 is that true and if it is how r so many rom floating about on the net if the vdoctor was made illegal?:cool:
btw u can overclock ur system as long as u get a better coolent system installed...my system makes on hell of a noise on start up because of the new fan..lol:happy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Mupen is overall slow as well. Due to the pure interpreter core.
And all roms are illegal, doctor v64 or not, it's still illegal. And it doesn't matter what format it is, it still works just as well.

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:blush: ok ok sorry...phew it was just a question, but y have these sir=tes not been shut down by nintendo or something...i know they closed bung for a while but what about the others like ps2modchip.com etc...<_<

should mupen really be that slow though with 2.4 Ghz!!!!!!!!!!
wow any speed improvements planed then...
btw mupen crew ur doing great i luv ur emu...keep the Mac OS X port as well!!!!!!!!!!!
:happy: :happy: yo!

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:plain: dunno about that i tried them all the Mac OS X version runs fine @ 20 fps & thats only got
256 mb ram
600mhz
ati 128 pro gfx card
& it runs better then the new pc!
my specs are listed somewhere else...<_<

Martin

Administrator
james.miller said:
why would you want to use mupen64?
use pj64 or 1964 instead - both will be faster and more compatible.

//off topic//
got that xp2400+ running at 2.4ghz, eh?
well done - thats quite impressive. what cooling are you using?
//end//

Using a different emulator neither answers his question, nor is appreciated here. Read our rules.

What does answer the question though? Well, Mupen64 is an emulator which has not been in development very long compared to 1964 and PJ64, and let me remind you that it is being coded for Linux, and ported to Win32. I must say I am very impressed of what Hacktarux has accomplished in such short period of time and you should respect him and Mupen64 better.

Mupen64 ownz j00! :n64:

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:) thank for that...Martin i just wanted to know because i luv mupen64 just as much as any other emu mainly because i played my roms that wouldn't work too well on Sixtyforce (Mac OS X) i bet none of u guys have even heard of it (a great emu by Gerrit)
with Mupen though new grounds have been broken i really think its a great piece of work but i wish it was abit faster though, on a good machine...:happy:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Martin said:
Using a different emulator neither answers his question, nor is appreciated here. Read our rules.

What does answer the question though? Well, Mupen64 is an emulator which has not been in development very long compared to 1964 and PJ64, and let me remind you that it is being coded for Linux, and ported to Win32. I must say I am very impressed of what Hacktarux has accomplished in such short period of time and you should respect him and Mupen64 better.

Mupen64 ownz j00! :n64:

well im sorry but when there is no other way around it, ther IS no other way around it. im sorry if you dont agree, or if im breaking the rules, but what exactly can he do?

Oh and please dont tell me that i should respect its author more. You neither know me or seem to want to, so dont go throwing statements around like that. FYI i respect that man very much because he is doing something that i never could. Even more so because of the short time he's done it in.
You shouldnt have jumped the gun like that.
Anyway, the fact remains that pj64 and 1964 are both faster and more compatible, regardless of how well mupen64 is coming along (and it IS doing very well)

EDIT: BTW your link is broken.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
james.miller said:
well im sorry but when there is no other way around it, ther IS no other way around it. im sorry if you dont agree, or if im breaking the rules, but what exactly can he do?

Oh and please dont tell me that i should respect its author more. You neither know me or seem to want to, so dont go throwing statements around like that. FYI i respect that man very much because he is doing something that i never could. Even more so because of the short time he's done it in.
You shouldnt have jumped the gun like that.
Anyway, the fact remains that pj64 and 1964 are both faster and more compatible, regardless of how well mupen64 is coming along (and it IS doing very well)

I don't agree with you, using another emulator never solves the problem of an emulator being "slow". If you really respect Hacktarux that much, you should at least show that in your posts.

I don't know you, I don't know all of our members. Do we all have to know eachother before we can have an opinion on eachothers posts? I don't feel like I'm "jumping to the gun", if you think so then I'm sorry for upsetting you with commenting your post.

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
Anyway...

<_< ...please dont argue it was just a question that i asked and for all times sake i'll rewrite it: Why is Mupen running so slow and if you know y please tell me or guide me to how to solve the problem(s) that have occured...these forums are not made to point fingers at each other as james.miller rightly said but if all we did is argue know one would get there probs sorted which is one of the main reasons this forum was opened ( i think!) dont blame me if im wrong... so how about you kiss and make up...sound fair?...JOKE :happy: :happy: :happy: LOL LOL LOL LOL
Merry Xmas:santa:
HoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHoHo!

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Geoz - you are right, of course (well, except the kissing part)
Martin - you didnt upset me in the slightest - it will take more than that.

One thing: I never said using another emulator would solve the problem of an emulator being slow, but, it will sove the problem of slow emulation to some extent (there is a difference). At this time nothing can be done to improve it's speed because it is in such an early stage. In which case, there is only one other alternative.

lets put it another way (you should hopefully see why I made my original statement, then lol

"I wouldn't recommend using another emulator because, for some reason, that seems to be against the rules. So, the best you can do is either play around with the plugins and setting untill you reach the kind of speed and compatability that other certain emulators have (which wont happen beause MUPEN64 is just too early in its life) , OR code your own. I'm sorry, but that all i can say (Don't want to break the rules)"

Merry Christmas to all (and no, i'm not kissing anyone!)

Martin

Administrator
james.miller said:
Geoz - you are right, of course (well, except the kissing part)
Martin - you didnt upset me in the slightest - it will take more than that.

One thing: I never said using another emulator would solve the problem of an emulator being slow, but, it will sove the problem of slow emulation to some extent (there is a difference). At this time nothing can be done to improve it's speed because it is in such an early stage. In which case, there is only one other alternative.

lets put it another way (you should hopefully see why I made my original statement, then lol

"I wouldn't recommend using another emulator because, for some reason, that seems to be against the rules. So, the best you can do is either play around with the plugins and setting untill you reach the kind of speed and compatability that other certain emulators have (which wont happen beause MUPEN64 is just too early in its life) , OR code your own. I'm sorry, but that all i can say (Don't want to break the rules)"

Merry Christmas to all (and no, i'm not kissing anyone!)

Don't be a smart-ass <_<

OP
Geoz

Geoz

De Master
:plain: Well i glad thats over with...Anyway about my original question lol:)
Geoz:happy: