What's new

Which emulator has the best Gameshark compatability?

GE Master

I have some major Gameshark codes for GoldenEye but it seems like the ones I try aren't accepted. Work for the Gameshark and N64 but not on the emu. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Plisco

Sevillian
Perhaps this should have gone in the cheats forum but anyway wot emus hav u tried as I find no probs with pj64

OP
GE Master

GE Master

Actually I've tried both 1964 and PJ64. I realize the codes that I use need some tweaking before they should work emu wise, but it seems like that doesn't make a difference. I'm just wondering about the cheat experts. I suppose you're right about this possibly being in the wrong forum. This is kind of an open ended N64 emu discussion. I dunno. The Gentleman has been helpful in the past that's for sure. But still, I don't really have the solution yet. Thanks!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
GE Master: I haven't replied to this as you have obviously wanted to chat to someone other then myself on this matter.

But you cant say you have tried Emu A, Emu B & all do not work, But it does on The real Console.

1) you have to explain to people What you do in the Real Console side things.

IE: on a certain Game, To Use "Set A" Cheats Use Enable Code "Set B" With "Zelda KeyCode" etc

No Emu use these.

No Enable Codes, No Keycodes needed to boot the Game in the AR/GS Cheat Device.

2) have you checked the PJ64 cheats Site & read the Cheats FAQ on N64 Codes Types What is Supported & what isn't.
Incase some codes you are trying to use are unsupported.

3) I did explain quite a few things to you last time & it seemed to kind fly other your head a little, But if you would like to come into the IRC Chan & spend a bit time in there, i am happy to see what you are trying do, & assist how i can.

As for "I'm just wondering about the cheat experts"

Most people on this Forum & indeed users, Are not really hard Core Cheat users Or Tournament Gamers, so they are not really interested in these "Play a certain level in Multi" kind of thing.
I doubt that most have even used the real console So the emu is the 1st time Trying N64

They may use a few cheats here & there but they don't use it to build or change the structure on Games.

Last edited: