What's new

Majoras Mask Lighting

Wombat

Ok, so I was playing Majoras Mask, the game was running near perfect, no noticable problems. Then my computer started freaking out so I restarted. I continue playing Majoras Mask only to find that now, in many areas, the lighting is going crazy. Like whole rooms will flicker enough to cause seizures almost. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I read in the game FAQ that there were some lighting problems, but these are pretty drastic, plus it wasnt doing it before. I have also tried re-installing and stuff. Could the rom or my savestate be corrupted? Or is there some setting that I missed to fix this because I've been trying to fix it for a while now.

Specs:
P4 2.4 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420
256 megs RAM
:Edit:
Almost forgot, I am using PJ64 1.5 w/ Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5

Last edited:

ancientblade

I've got the same problem, so I think it's a known one. But 'cos there arent't much rooms like this the game is still playable. The only thing annoying me is the pauses problem:plain:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The pauses problem are caused by the 1.5 plugin. And it states in the rom browser to use the 1.4 plugin. Try this and see how it works out.

ancientblade

Okok, I will try and I think it will work then. It's just sad that this problem occured with the newest version of the plugin (and perhaps last?) and it wasn't changed until now.:blush: