What's new

FF:CC ad. Shows more ingame footage...

Gorxon

Administrator
...if you have really good eyes >_<

Just kidding, anyway, let the browser take you to here:

http://www.n-gamer.com/images/news/ffcadvert.jpg

and you'll see the latest FF:CC ad. Seems like Square is starting advertising really early. Since the game isn't coming out before spring 2003 in Japan.
Imo it looks quite good, going back to more the old Final Fantasies a little bit (it seems so at least). Should be better than FFX anyways, but that doesn't take a whole lot...

Oh, and if anyone comes in here and comments on the game seeing kiddie, did you ever say that when you saw the SNES FF's? They had super deformed characthers too, but he FF's for SNES is in the top ten best games ever according to my book.

Comments on the ad?

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
/me luvs FF :]
/me lives 4 FF
/me IS FF !

Is this 4 GC or PS2 ? ( andy why no for PC *snif* *snif )

OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
BTM said:
/me luvs FF :]
/me lives 4 FF
/me IS FF !

Is this 4 GC or PS2 ? ( andy why no for PC *snif* *snif )

This is the upcoming GC FF game...

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
damn ... now what to buy ??

It's good they decided to go back to the good old FF - not like FF8 - witch is the mose boring part IMO. It's like Final Tech-tasy not Fantasy.
FF6 is still the best 4 me.

And what about FFT 4 GBA ?

btw : lol it replaces the /me in the quote with the quoter nick not the actual poster :p

Last edited:
OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
BTM said:
damn ... now what to buy ??

btw : lol it replaces the /me in the quote with the quoter nick not the actual poster :p

Hehe, weird bug that one....besides I can't see that text, I have to mark it with the mouse to see it...

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Secret of Mana - yes
Legend of Mana (PSX) - less

FF is the best RPG series IMO, next comes Tales of ... , Star Ocean and CT/CC ( in series - not solo games )

OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
Supposedly what the text says (in the ad):

New details have been released on Square's first Final Fantasy game in a long time for a Nintendo system.

The Gamecube Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game indeed is turning out to be more of an action RPG. Each character has a Zelda-like heart meter to represent their life, that and their information and portrait appears around the borders of the screen, much akin to Secret of Mana. Four players can play simultaneously, by using GBAs as controllers. It would seem the entire party's vital stats get displayed on the GBA screen, but its hard to make out exactly how this works at this point. Luckily, more information is promised soon.

As for the combat system, it seems a mix of Final Fantasy tradition and Secret of Mana-style fighting. Context sensitive buttons assigned to the green and red buttons on the Gamecube controller (and presumably the GBA) seem to control character actions such as fighting, picking things up, dropping them and defending depending on the situation or environment. By co-operating with other party members/players you can link up attacks in great combos for added damage.

Magic can be linked to, and it would seem there environment can effect its power. The standard Final Fantasy array of spells is already in place, such as Fire, Thunder and Blizzard, and in order to use them characters must have magic stones.

The plot in this title returns heavily to the mythos of the crystals as seen in earlier games. Basically, the crystals bless people's lives and support the world. They grow or exist in proportion to the need, so there will be small crystals and large crystals, depending on where you go. Every year, it is necessary to purify the crystals with Mana Water. But Mana Water is not exactly easy to find, sometimes it might be in across a mountain, or in a cave, or on the wide-open sea. You never know. And because of this, people have set up teams called Crystal Caravans to go search for them (which are the wagon travellers seen in earlier artwork). The story begins on the outskirts of an obscure village with a youth (who is most likely involved with a Crystal Caravan).

That youth and how his or her story will unfold is influenced by who you pick at the start of the game, though to what extent is not known. You can choose from four different tribes or races from the game, each with their own special features of course. There are the incredibly odd Yulk, who look like a cross between knights, dragons and chocobos, and are blessed with the power of magic in the armor on their bodies. There are the graceful, agile and limber Selkie, who seems to be a race of thieves of blue hair who follow the philosophy of thinking of yourself first and others later. Also appearing are the peaceful Clauvert, a rural, down-to-earth tribe who co-exists with nature and do not like conflict. Last and smallest of the races, but hopefully not least, are the Lilty. They are a race of small beasts who rather look like overgrown acorns, generous with frank and curt personalities, these people's lives revolve around trade and business.

From screenshots, art and details, it looks like Square's Crystal Chronicles is shaping up to be quite a promising game."

But, I have no source as I found it on another message board...

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
> Each character has a Zelda-like heart meter to represent their life
nooooooooooooooooooo......................
not an action RPG .......

> The plot in this title returns heavily to the mythos of the crystals

and that is a good thing

> You can choose from four different tribes or races from the game

like in secret of mana ? this can be cool ( or not - bu the re-play of the game will be nice :] )

OP
Gorxon

Gorxon

Administrator
BTM said:
> Each character has a Zelda-like heart meter to represent their life
nooooooooooooooooooo......................
not an action RPG .......

> The plot in this title returns heavily to the mythos of the crystals

and that is a good thing

> You can choose from four different tribes or races from the game

like in secret of mana ? this can be cool ( or not - bu the re-play of the game will be nice :] )

Uh, the battle system will probably be like Secret of Mana, not like Zelda. But I'm not 100% sure...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Gorxon said:
Uh, the battle system will probably be like Secret of Mana, not like Zelda. But I'm not 100% sure...

yup am leaning more towards the secret of mana thing..... oh and i loved the tales games!! wow an action rpg u can count on one hand how many of those where made >_<

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
jvolel said:
yup am leaning more towards the secret of mana thing

yes - but this is FINAL FANTASY - turn based, etc. etc. NOT Secret of Mana .... *snif*

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
BTM said:
yes - but this is FINAL FANTASY - turn based, etc. etc. NOT Secret of Mana .... *snif*

final fantasy: CC not finaly fantasy XIIXIXIXIXIIIIXIXIIIII lol its kinda like baulders gate: DA where it didnt have that ghey point and click and hope your character lives combat system... though its combat system was still boring.

blizz

jvolel said:
final fantasy: CC not finaly fantasy XIIXIXIXIXIIIIXIXIIIII lol its kinda like baulders gate: DA where it didnt have that ghey point and click and hope your character lives combat system... though its combat system was still boring.

so I'm not the only one who thought BG combat system was crap, again it's not like Morrowind's is any good either, that somehow leaves you feeling separated from the combat, Zelda and PSO are probably the best I've seen and if FFCC can fall into that area then it's all good, if you want turn based you can't beat Grandia's battle system