What's new

Betaquest pics

Binary64

Hello, here is an crazy betaquest pic i`ve take from gerudo valley
why did that burn???? is that in the storry of Oot ? please submit your beta pics. this is the official >beta pic< thread ;) :n64:

Last edited:
OP
B

Binary64

In BetaQ-Word2 go to the farm and you will be in a shop,
go back and you will be in a cave and everyone will take a litle race with you. I think this is a COOL!! mod of Oot. Yea i´ve never
seen so cratzy things. The good: If you run the false way you can begin new! The Bad: If you want outside the cave the game will suck!! >_<

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
erm Binary64:

That 1st pic is outside of the beta quest as you have all of your Items/Status on the Screen.
So you might of started out in beta, but then went outside when you see the Items/status back on screen

OP
B

Binary64

Betaquest are an "cheat"? no I realy don`t know. I know only it`s a modification of Oot. You can turn into this with PR64 cheat menu. (I think this works with other emus too, but i never tested) <_<

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Binary64 said:
Betaquest are an "cheat"? no I realy don`t know. I know only it`s a modification of Oot. You can turn into this with PR64 cheat menu. (I think this works with other emus too, but i never tested) <_<

yep in the cheat menu beta worlds 01 - 07

you load the game then open the cheat menu.

you choose what world (place) you want & then you go straight there.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
hmm.. i think i'm being called upon, no?

/me am Zelda freak :D

First shot: Beta jabu jabu without ocarina pedestal. Notice the funky lighting, and tektites. very buggy area.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
"Same" place with the ocarina pedestal. Tektites are there, 2 jabu's are inside each other (same as above, i think this is why the game freaks out here), and the lighting is different.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Beta version of jabu's belly. Alot of items are misplaced and alot are completely gone. I strongly believe this was cut out of the final version, or was a rough test of this dungeon. :phone:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Um, binary64, i think you're misunderstanding what the beta quest is, or was. Those pics you posted are in the final version (please play this game through) Just the first one is in kakariko village, not gerudo valley, it's just "out of order". I believe part of the beta quest is rough sketches, part is the ura zelda hooks activated, and some for easy access to specific places for the designers to debug, o simply make screenshots for press releases, and was never meant for end usere to see (or was it)? Anyway, i'll only post unseen or things that differ from what is actually in the final game. :)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That race is actually, lol, part of the game. It's where you get the hookshot needed to complete the game.

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
grrrr

damn all of you and ur good vid cards :p
i cant get zelda lookin that good :blush:
hehe, beta quest is fun thanks cooliscool :D
:emutalk:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: grrrr

Mingo3k said:
damn all of you and ur good vid cards :p
i cant get zelda lookin that good :blush:
hehe, beta quest is fun thanks cooliscool :D
:emutalk:

Actually, your card isn't too bad. Trident is known for good products, but they lack certain features. Yours is the latest of trident's work. I've seen shots, and they don't look bad at all, minus some transperencie issues. My trident supported like, 3 texture op caps jabo used in his plugin, so it didn't look beautiful, not near as good as on your trident. You can try new drivers, and run in a high res and color depth. I run @ 1280x1024, quincunx fsaa, 32 bit color, 2x anisotropy. I think that your card should support aniso (and maybe fsaa) since my trident integrated could. :)

Josep

eyerun4phun
/me slaps his forehead

so is this that thing where you find as many errors in a game that your waay too obessed with?

no really, i'm asking that, cause im' still confused as to what you rave on about this 'betaquest' thing...

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
hmm

too bad i cant update, its something about my trident being a mobile gpu :S

something about my drivers were ment for my card
and the new drivers werent ment for it

some crap like that
seeing its an expensive laptop im not game to try em out...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Josep said:
/me slaps his forehead

so is this that thing where you find as many errors in a game that your waay too obessed with?

no really, i'm asking that, cause im' still confused as to what you rave on about this 'betaquest' thing...

GOD DAMN IT!

They are not errors! They are parts of the game which are in the cart which aren't supposed to be seen. In all actuality, you start in a specific cutscene, and the exits (doors) take you different places. You can see tons of things which weren't even put in the final game.

Get it? >_<

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: hmm

Mingo3k said:
too bad i cant update, its something about my trident being a mobile gpu :S

something about my drivers were ment for my card
and the new drivers werent ment for it

some crap like that
seeing its an expensive laptop im not game to try em out...

Drivers wont mess up the hardware, and if they don't work, your computer will start up in 640x480 with 16 colors. Try em out.

Josep

eyerun4phun
cooliscool said:
GOD DAMN IT!

They are not errors! They are parts of the game which are in the cart which aren't supposed to be seen. In all actuality, you start in a specific cutscene, and the exits (doors) take you different places. You can see tons of things which weren't even put in the final game.

Get it? >_<

o, but thats just like getting the beta of unreal tournament! isn't it? i dunno, i like playing games in their final stages usually;) or the alpha of doom3 haha:happy: