What's new

The forum defaults should probably be reconfigured...

JerryKing

I merely came to search the posts on one of the forums - not post, reply, or anything of the sort that usually requires registering - but when I attempted to do that, I was informed that I have to *register* just to conduct a search!!! Obviously, this must be wrong default configuration... at least I *hope* so...

Martin

Administrator
JerryKing said:
I merely came to search the posts on one of the forums - not post, reply, or anything of the sort that usually requires registering - but when I attempted to do that, I was informed that I have to *register* just to conduct a search!!! Obviously, this must be wrong default configuration... at least I *hope* so...

Many forums requires registration to do the most basic things, like using the search function.

EmuTalk is a huge board, and it uses a ton of resources and bandwidth. We had it on the main server earlier, but it continuously brought it down so we had to move it to a separate server. Before this was done, as I mentioned, we had a lot of troubles with server downtime caused by EmuTalk and other resource hogs on the network, and I tried to save as many resources as possible, thus I disabled the abiliites for guests to search the board (that includes viewing daily posts as well).

To please as many of our visitors, Lurkers ;) or not, I will once again enable the ability to use the search function. Thanks for letting me know. :)