What's new

News about Glide64

gokuss4

Meh...
Well we all know Dave2001 is out of the Glide64 scene, and that's very sad, we'll all miss, him especially me. Well Gonetz is doing Glide64 right now, and he's been very busy with his real life, and his main computer is having a problem. That's why he hasn't been on mIRC for a long time.

Right now Tekken and I are the only beta testers. He's beta testing games #-D and I'm beta testing games E-L. We don't really need beta testers atm. The other beta testers of Glide64 haven't gotten a file yet for their own individual beta testing games.

Right now Glide64 is in good progress and it has some very interesting fixes and more combiners implemented. Gonetz is doing very well with it. It's just he has been busy with real life and his main computer is having a problem. I hope that Gonetz can fix this and he could continue with Glide64. I hope this could happen soon. Well this is just a little extra note about Glide64 for those of you wondering what's going on with it.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
gokuss4 said:
Right now Tekken and I are the only beta testers. He's beta testing games #-D and I'm beta testing games E-L. We don't really need beta testers atm. The other beta testers of Glide64 haven't gotten a file yet for their own individual beta testing games.

Dont Be Greedy... Pass that around to the rest of us... ;)

NOTE: I am a Beta Tester, DONT NOT ASK FOR A BETA!

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
Re: Re: News about Glide64

CpU MasteR said:
Dont Be Greedy... Pass that around to the rest of us... ;)

NOTE: I am a Beta Tester, DONT NOT ASK FOR A BETA!

yes i know cpu, but Gonetz sends out individual betas to the beta testers, when Gonetz comes on mIRC (if anytime soon), be active, cause he tried asking you guys if you would like a beta but he says that no one is participating. you guys need to be more active in the private channel man!

also try setting the topic for emails of the beta testers.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Why is Dave2001 out? Someone fill me in, i must've missed the news. :cry: But good to hear that the project isn't abandoned. Good luck to ya Gonetz!

Flash

Technomage
Dave sold his voodoo and too busy with RL.

Btw. I can be a beta tester, I have full N64 romset, all voodoo cards and some machines for testing (from P166MMX/16 to AXP2200+/1GB).

Laahel

sod his voodoo ??!!!! what a fool !!!

i upgraded to a geforce4 but, i 'll never give my voodoo3 !!! better than geforce in many aspects ( tv out is better, in games with no new effects like shaders or t&l, it look nicer, and, for now, i found it better for n64 emulation ;p )

i just wait for a next version to put it again on my machine to test it ;p...

i even seek for a new voodoo ( 3,4,5 or 6) fo my girlfriend computer, so she could play mario games ;p

Flash

Technomage
Laahel said:
sod his voodoo ??!!!! what a fool !!!

Dont call him fool. He made great plugin for you... And this is not the main reason. All of us have real life. He don't have time for glide64 anymore.

i upgraded to a geforce4 but, i 'll never give my voodoo3 !!! better than geforce in many aspects ( tv out is better, in games with no new effects like shaders or t&l, it look nicer, and, for now, i found it better for n64 emulation ;p )
I'm hardcore oldschool gamer and my V5 will stay in my PC forever. I'm planning to buy GF4 but with another monitor or maybe even two. Three monitors very useful thing - movie on first,
browser on second and something you work with on third.

i just wait for a next version to put it again on my machine to test it ;p...

i even seek for a new voodoo ( 3,4,5 or 6) fo my girlfriend computer, so she could play mario games ;p

Voodoo 6 ? Maybe Voodoo 5 6000 ?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Flash said:
Dave sold his voodoo and too busy with RL.

Btw. I can be a beta tester, I have full N64 romset, all voodoo cards and some machines for testing (from P166MMX/16 to AXP2200+/1GB).

Now that you asked, it doesnt look like you will be a beta tester... If we need beta testers, We will scout for one... Better luck next Lifetime...

For the People who missed or didnt read Dave2001's Post... Here it is...

Dave2001 said:
I meant to say this a while ago but I've been unable to access my site, so I'll just post it here. I'm not working on Glide64 anymore for a few reasons. First of all, I don't have my voodoo in my computer anymore. Now I have an AthlonXP 1500+ with a GeForce4 TI 4200 64mb (which I highly reccomend if anyone is looking for a new video card, BestData ArcadeFX brand is great). It's very hard to do anything if you have to do it through a wrapper. If I did something more, it couldn't possibly be anything big (can't tell a bug in the program from a bug in the wrapper). Also, I have lost interest in emulation. Lastly, I'm going to college next year and I don't want to spend my last bit of time here working on Glide64.

Anyway, I think Gonetz might keep working on it, if anyone wants to join the project then talk to him. (if you can find him? I haven't seen him for quite a while)

I'm sure the project will continue some way or another. So be happy and not sad, not mad or angry. ;)

So there you go, He is not a Fool... He just didnt want to spend his last year in high school working on Glide64... He has alot of work to do to get into college... I wish him the best of luck... We have to try to move on even though he is gone...

/me Sighs...

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Flash said:
I'm hardcore oldschool gamer and my V5 will stay in my PC forever. I'm planning to buy GF4 but with another monitor or maybe even two. Three monitors very useful thing - movie on first,
browser on second and something you work with on third.

I got the exact thing.. *quickly looks at sig*..

Anyways.. I wish dave the best of luck in his future ventures whatever they may be.. He gave us in little time, the best glide video plugin for N64 emus.. Where would we voodoo users be without dave and glide64..

Laahel

Flash said:
Dont call him fool. He made great plugin for you... And this is not the main reason. All of us have real life. He don't have time for glide64 anymore.

know this for sure, it was 2nd degree, he made an already great plugin, more playable to me than jabo's ( i said, for me, it's juste personnal thougs)

and the fool was only for the sold of his voodoo, not for quiting, mee too have RL and i know what it is, so, i'll never blame him ;p ( exept for the voodoo :p *PAF* - aïe !)

Voodoo 6 ? Maybe Voodoo 5 6000 ?

yes it should be that, hope i see one of these one day ;p

ct1

This is a great news. I'm looking forward to next version of this plug.

Best of luck.

Current V5 user.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gonetz,
as my e-mail doesn't fit in the channel topic and i can't be around everyday, here's my e-mail if you'd send a beta:
[email protected]

If anyone wonders...I'm a beta-tester as well.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Re: Re: Re: News about Glide64

gokuss4 said:
yes i know cpu, but Gonetz sends out individual betas to the beta testers, when Gonetz comes on mIRC (if anytime soon), be active, cause he tried asking you guys if you would like a beta but he says that no one is participating. you guys need to be more active in the private channel man!

also try setting the topic for emails of the beta testers.

a few things:

1. I never see Gonetz because I live in an other timezone (europe/netherlands/amsterdam).

2. I'm also a beta tester since jan '02 (the beginnning). (for the newbies ;) )

3. What about gugaman? Is he still busy with it?

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
Re: Re: Re: Re: News about Glide64

(NL)Falcon4ever said:
a few things:

1. I never see Gonetz because I live in an other timezone (europe/netherlands/amsterdam).

2. I'm also a beta tester since jan '02 (the beginnning). (for the newbies ;) )

3. What about gugaman? Is he still busy with it?

1. what's your email address?

2. same here dude ;)

3. he's busy with other stuff atm. but i haven't seen him in a long while