What's new

ISO image formats..

Cyberman

Greetings.. does anyone have information on ISO image formats? like CDRWINS BIN files and *.iso and *.img files? I have a little project of ciphering Disc Jugglers image format.

I need the others for doing a progressing scan for sector data etc.

Cyb

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

wotsit is useless I've tried that.. haven't tried planet-source-code.. hmmm Searching the net doesn't help either I wonder if it's just a raw image (thinks) because of the queue file :)

Planet source had one file that made an ISO file, sadly these are RAW files IE the exact image of the CD. Which is anoying because.. how do you know what the CD type was then? was it Mode 1 Mode2 Mode2/2352? Just a bit anoying if you ask me :)
What it means is one has to guess at what the original format was (sigh). I suppose I can make an ISO and another format file and see if I can decipher clone CD's file format from that.

Cyb

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I'm wondering if you can' t get usefull infos by studying cdrecord source code or some other open source tool. Only problem is if source code isn't documented....

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Hacktarux said:
I'm wondering if you can' t get usefull infos by studying cdrecord source code or some other open source tool. Only problem is if source code isn't documented....
Seems to be my problem lately (sigh).

I've compared CDRWIN and DiscJuggler output.. and I think that they are both encoded formats (mumble). I suppose I can try to find something that makes a RAW ISO image to use and search the image (my search function is quite fast now but I wonder if I am doing something wrong hmmm). You shouldn't be able to go through 736 megabytes of data scanning it in 3 minutes even with a P4 1.6 with 512M of 300mhz DDR

Cyb