What's new

Kaillera on LAN Works but anyone tried over the NET?

HoT-

After many times trying to put kaillera over the LAN in my work It finally works using Jabo's D3D 1.30, no sound, NooTe....0.42. Played Mario Kart 64 with 4 people for hours like in the console with no lag! But now I want to play over the NET, anyony got it to work? does a 256k connection can handle this?
(next try will be S.C.A.R.S. and 007 GoldenEye)

System Used on my Work: (all of them)

Pentium III 750Mhz, 180MB Pc133 Onboard Trident Blade3D 12MB (shared)

My System at Home:

Duron 900Mhz 128MB Pc133 Geforce2 GTS 32MB

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Damn lol 3 fps.........

Tesla-Guy said:
Heh, no you can't. I tried with SJR testing his plugin, both on 56K, and we got 3fps!

thats super slow, well i guess me and my 56k won't be playin anynet play anytime soon ??? got a fast comp now i neeed a fast connection

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
man!

all you spoiled kiddies with athlons/geforce and dsl... i remember the 286 and 1200 baud!! we had to get our warez from a BBS! the www didn't really exist yet! we thought it was cool when we could CHAT ONLINE!!

rhy
:devil:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Commodore64 and 300baud modem. Yep, those were the days
Commodore was ahead of its time. An entire computer packed conveniently in the keyboard. Why can't they do that again? (for a desktop)

Cyberman

Does Kalliera send frame and movement information etc?
That could be the killer problem for synchronizing two computers. Also you have to consider the number of hops in the Route. Delays on the internet can be anoying. For example if Kalliera uses UDP there is no guarentee the data is recieved in order even let alone delivery is made. So making a protocol across the internet like that could be a BIG pain. I suspect it has a lot of overhead. Especially as you have more people connected.. 4 people = 2 times the data as just 2.

Cyb

OP
HoT-

HoT-

Would the 1964 developers try to make this emul playable on the NET?

schibo

Emulator Developer
haven't looked at the kaillera code in a long time, and NooTe wrote the kaillera interface code. Perhaps we can look at it soon, but right now our focus is still on the emu core.