What's new

Cell Phone game emulation

tylerbingham

As far as I can tell, there is a big market for cell phones that can play games. Does anyone know where to find tech docs on how to program games/ emulators for such a thing?

L

Lachp30

I remember looking at an article at CNN.com (the tech section) on games for mobiles. Have a wade through the tech section, and you might find it.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
tylerbingham said:
Does anyone know where to find tech docs on how to program games/ emulators for such a thing?

I think we're a little ahead of ourselves yet. But I have no doubts that in a few handsets time, we'll see emus running on cellphones. :D

Flash

Technomage
Jaz said:
I think we're a little ahead of ourselves yet. But I have no doubts that in a few handsets time, we'll see emus running on cellphones. :D

Piece of cake.

Some phones, such as Nokia Communicator running EPOC32 OS, almost the same as Psion PDAs.

I have Gameboy, Spectrum, PC XT, C64, Apple II and even... MAME (no, no Neo-Geo, CPS-2 support :), only Z80 oldies - Pacman, Galaxian etc) for my Psion and i'm currently working on SMS/GG/NES/A2600/A7800 and maybe more systems emulator for EPOC32.

There's a little difference between Psion and Commie's OS. Psion uses ER5, Communicator ER6, but it's not a problem. Go to eGNUBoy and eMAME

official site

and grab sources, then download SDK for Communicator (AFAIK its free), recompile for Commie's screen size, and voila !!! You have MAME on your phone :)

Vchat20

Well, if anyone made a Cell Emu, I would love to see at least a GBC emu for a PCS Vision phone. and maybe a GBA emu if possible. That would be nice, you could play multiplayer, but no wires!!! Completely wirelesss.