What's new

Another Final Fantasy 7 thread

JedUK

Disco Banana
I'm planning on playing final fantasy 7 again but last time i tried to play it again I got stuck with Ruby and Emerald even though I did beat them the first time I played it. Can anyone remember how to defeat them.

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Umm, emerald is the one underwarter right ?
It's got this annoyng attack, the upper art goes up and does massiv damage.

But wait ! This is funny, it' does umeber_of_materia_on_the_char x 1111 points of damage :]

Oh, and be sure to get the underwater materia, no time limit when fighting emerald.

Ruby on the other hand is a BIT difficult. Try to get All Lucky 7 ( HP 7777 ). I'v menaged go set my max HP as 7777 , then the char. attacks nonstop for 7777 a time, when finished just heal up and use W-Summon with Knghts of the Round.

Or go to http://gamesfaq.com ad check other tactics :]

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For the underwater one, try to use w-summon and 4x materia. Of course, you must use knights of the round and have the underwater materia.

Two of those afaik should finish the beast. Make sure your char has enuff mp, though. Give him/her an mp turbo or elexir otherwise :)

blizz

with ruby weapon you kill off two characters, say Tifa and Barrett or who ever you prefer running about with, to prevent ruby weapon using that attack where he sucks certain players away, ensure cloud has Final Attack joined to Full Life, and then W-Summon Kinghts of the round x4 and repeat, although I think if I remember right you can only attack when he hasn't buried his claws

Eagle

aka Alshain
I cant get final fantasy to run :( It doesnt work under 2k/XP, it crashes when you get to the chocobo races.

Cyberman

Eagle said:
I cant get final fantasy to run :( It doesnt work under 2k/XP, it crashes when you get to the chocobo races.

Buy the PSX version and enjoy the better sound and better graphics plus you have the added bonus of not having to be stuck at one screen resolution. Runs fine on a Geforce 2MX 64M card.

I've never quite finished the game.. same with FF8 though ;)

Cyb

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Eagle said:
There is an unofficial patch for that. Just search altavista for "ff7 patch" or something and you'll find it :)