What's new

Sound issue

Gregory

Well, I didn't see anyone else post about this, so it's probably system related, so i'll post my specs

1.2GHz AMD Duron processor
64MB Invidia Geforce4 mx 420 video card
512MB DDR ram
Onboard sound card, soundblaster compatible (SiS 7012)

This emu is amazing, can't believe I overlooked it at zophar's. Anyway, it's a very minor problem, but whenever I load a sunsoft game, the basstones in sunsoft titles, (i.e. Gremlins 2, Journey to Silius) seem to be off pitch a bit. all the other channels seem to be ok. The other companies games, (capcom,konami, ect.) work fine.

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Is the sound off?, is there a delay from the picture? or is just a channel missing? I can't seem to hear anything wrong with the sunsoft games.

OP
G

Gregory

Nick_kidid0 said:
Is the sound off?, is there a delay from the picture? or is just a channel missing? I can't seem to hear anything wrong with the sunsoft games.

hmm..if the sound was off, wouldn't I hear nothing?
I had a feeling it was due to my system. I see this forum allows file posting, if it's too big, i'll just put up a small .wav clip of the sound i'm getting from the sunsoft games on my webspace and post a link here so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about. There's no delay, and the sound is in sync with the game play, I didn't tamper with the buffer, didn't even check if there was a buffer setting, heh.

OP
G

Gregory

D'oh! I forgot it's not as easy to record wav to wav file. I'll have to get a jumper from my audio out to my line in and just record it that way.

Which reminds me, if feature requests are taken, logging audio to wav would be a nice feature.