What's new

GO Nintendo!

Macca

A news article from EAGB.net

"Nintendo issued a press release today outlining the sales figures for the GameCube, the GameCube software, and the GameBoy Advance.

Nintendo stated that it has shipped 1.1 million GameCubes to stores in North America and has sold more than 800,000 units in the US, Canada, and Latin America. Nintendo will continue to ship more than 100,000 consoles per week in North America, and production in Japan has reportedly been increased to satisfy demand.

According to the press release, Super Smash Bros. Melee has sold 250,000 copies in nine days. Nintendo believes that this makes it the best-selling game for any video game console launched this year.

Additionally, Nintendo stated that there will be 21 games available for the GameCube by the end of the year and 37 available by the end of the fiscal year.

GBA-wise...

The Game Boy Advance reportedly sold 20 percent more units than any other platform in November, and US sales of all Nintendo platforms nearly equal the combined sales of all systems from all other manufacturers.

According to these sales figures, Nintendo believes that this holiday season will be the best the company has had in its 17-year history in the video game industry."

:colgate:

OP
Macca

Macca

Hidey ho! Great holiday and i just got my school certificate results and i wanna see what people at high got, probably speak to you tonight on irc :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah, GBA is kinda nice, it`s fun to play it when you take long bus rides to the university every day. Too bad the screen is dark :(

Yet it has no actual competition, no other company has hand-held platforms. SNK had one, but it failed :( Too bad, it was a good one...

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The GBA has one major disadvantage namely the black LCD screen which causes a lot of games to be too dark.
Just check out some games on the an emu they are much brighter then on a real GBA.

P.S Welcome back Macca :cool:

blizz

it's actually just the cover over the screen which is the problem the screen itself is actually quite bright

OP
Macca

Macca

oh course you do have some problems with the gba screen, namely playing in the dark (i experienced this recently on a long car trip) but you have to remember that all of the gameboys had this problem (except the gbpocket light). People are like i'm not getting a gba cause the screen sucks but all the gameboys are like that. If it is really bad for you, like you live in a very dark house and only come out at midnight to play gba then buy a light :p if not get the portablemonopoly light soon :D

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
well then, perhaps I shall take out the mission in my ROM ("THe Black Knight Chronicles") entitled "Assaulting the Dark Base at Night". :D
i wouldn't see anything :D

blizz

I wonder if Nintendo will block portablemonopoly.com patent application with evidence of prior art, or whether they'll buy the idea out and use it themselves ;)

either way I may well buy the modification when it comes out