What's new

Graphics plugin for IRIX

kallu

Hey guys,
i had two questions:
1) does anyone know of a graphics plugin that runs on IRIX?
2) does anyone know of a document/guide that could help me program a graphics plugin?

i have got the mupen64 emulator to compile and run on IRIX. now i need a graphics plugin.

Thanks,
Kallu

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
The Mupen64 Team Uses Icepir8's OpenGL Plugin... It is Used on all ports & he allows the porting of his plugin as long as you give credit where it is due ;)

The Source is Located Here...

Have Fun! :happy:

OP
K

kallu

do you know if Icepir8's OpenGL Plugin has been ported to linux? is someone sharing it?

OP
K

kallu

oh, i see it has been ported. is TR64 v0.5h, the one by blight, the latest?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
0.5h isn't the latest, look at tr64 board for this...
I don't have a port of the latest plugin yet, but someone is working on it. Only problem for you is that it'll prolly not work on big endian machine without modifications. On the other hand i think flea is working on it for his macosx port but dunno if he got any result yet.

Let me know when you get something working, i'd like to put as much port as possible on mupen64 page :)

icepir8

Since this is a reoccurring theme, I would like to work on making the porting easier by localizing the windows specific code. If someone would work with me on this I think we can make porting of future versions go much smoother.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Sure we'll be able to help you and i don't think you'll have much changes to do. Only one new file to put that'll be used instead of wingl.c for sdl OSes. And a few other minor changes and it'll be ok for little endian machines.

Now i have no clue on what has to be changed for big endian, i have to ask Flea, next time i see him...

OP
K

kallu

thanks for the prompt replies.

is there currently an open source linux port that works with mupen64?
i saw snapshots of games running on linux using blight's tr64gl v 0.5 h. do you know if he has open sourced his port? i will handle the big enidian stuff.
flea, if you are reading this, have u gotten anywhere with your macOSX port. since i need this really soon, i could help you out withit.

Flea

My port is kind of a cobbled together version of various code from 0.5h and 0.7.4. I've essentially used the sdl parts of 0.5h and added the newest code from there. In order to get it looking correctly on big endian, one must modify the hle_uc0x.h files, the textures cases found in texture.c, and some texture clamping for endian-correctness on MSB systems. I don't think anyone besides myself has any need for the specific fixes, but I can go into more detail if required, or if we are going to have a multi-platform source tree.